C71 Zhao Lun

Xu Anxia and Zheng Gongming were sitting in the main hall, leisurely enjoying their tea.

Chen Siyu was different from Xu Zhichun. Her martial arts was not notable at all. They needed to prevent masters from ambushing her. Ever since Lady Chen Siyu became the faction leader, they had never left the Xu Residence.

The four main leaders and two guardians decided to not spread the news about the former leader's death and only told the public about his illness. They had told the public that he was resting on his bed and that his position was transferred over to the Lady.

"Uncle Zheng Gongming, can the Lady even be a good faction leader?"

Xu Anxia stood up and paced around the room. It was suffocating for him to keep sitting.

The main hall was lit brightly as if it were still daytime.

Zheng Gongming was sitting on an armchair. He stroked his beard and closed his eyes, looking like an old man entering meditation.

"Uncle Zheng Gongming!"

Xu Anxia angrily exclaimed.

"Uncle Zheng Gongming!"

"You, you"

Zheng Gongming opened his eyes and continued to hold onto his beard as he shook his head.

"We as guardians can't do much. We'll just have to fulfill our responsibility!"

"We're counted as high ranks in the faction, of course we need to care about this!"

Xu Anxia said.

Zheng Gongming smiled.

"You're going way beyond your power then. Our responsibility is just to protect the Leaders. We don't have to care about anything else!"

"I don't think they have good intentions!"

Xu Anxia scoffed.

"All of them are cunning old foxes. Do you think that Lady Chen Siyu can win them?"

"You underestimate Lady Chen Siyu too much!"

Zheng Gongming lightly remarked.

Xu Anxia shook his head.

"It doesn't matter how smart the Lady is, she's still so young while they have years of experience. Their martial arts foundation is deep too! Even the subordinates listen to them. It might just be useless even if Lady Chen Siyu tried to speak!"

"Take it easy. Youth is Lady Chen Siyu's double-edged sword."

Xu Anxia twitched his mouth.

"How long do we have to wait? If the leader can't even boss people around, she might as well not be one!"

Zheng Gongming smiled.

"Faction leaders look grand and are of well-regard from the outside, but deep inside, they work their hearts out. Not one of them is excused from this task. Do you think that all faction leaders simply need to have an awe-inspiring presence and then they just live an easy life?"

"Elder Masters have a high prestige, they can't really do anything."

Xu Anxia twitched his mouth.

"They all think for their own good! It's too hard for Lady Chen Siyu to actually do anything to them!"

"You can tell me all of this here and it'll still be fine, but you're better off not going outside and spouting all this nonsense!"

Zheng Gongming said.