C81 The Reap

Chu Li watched the place with his Omniscient Mirror skill. Ding Weisong looked as feeble as a seventy-year-old man. It seemed that the secret technique had taken a huge toll on him.

He stealthily crept into the boiler room and stood silently beside Cheng Wenhui.

Cheng Wenhui did not notice anything odd, as he continued his cultivation to recuperate his health. He felt exhausted, and his reflexes were badly impaired.

Chu Li reached out his hand to block Cheng Wenhui's temple, but stopped himself after second thoughts. The temple of a body cultivator might differ from that of a martial artist. It was highly probable that his palm strike would not be effective enough, which would then give Cheng Wenhui a chance to forcefully fend him off.

Chu Li let out a cough.

Cheng Wenhui was startled and opened his eyes. Color drained from his face when he saw Chu Li. He got up and prepared to flee.

Chu Li reached out his hand and pressed him down, stopping him, "You've already drained every single ounce of your energy, why bother trying? Let's have a proper talk!"

"What is there to talk about?" Cheng Wenhui seized the opportunity to activate his secret technique. He wanted to strike Chu Li with the element of surprise.

Chu Li asked, "Where did you keep your Art of White Tiger manual?"

"What white tiger?" Cheng Wenhui was taken aback by that, and revealed a puzzled expression, "What are you talking about? What tiger arts?"

Chu Li smiled. For a moment then, he felt impressed by Cheng Wenhui's acting. "Let's change the topic then. I'm sure you have earned a lump sum of money all these years, where did you hide them?"

"What is it that you want?" Cheng Wenhui replied coldly.

Chu Li smiled, "I could imagine that you have kept the bank notes in a secluded place, rigged with your very own traps, rendering access to only yourself, am I right?.... You have earned quite a lot, to not spend them quickly and saving them for the older days, don't you think it's stupid?... Brother Ding, do you really think you could live that long?"

"That's none of your business!" Cheng Wenhui scoffed at him, "What? You want to get your hands on the bank notes?"

Chu Li said, "How about you use them to buy back your life, eh?"

"How much do you want?" Cheng Wenhui jeered at Chu Li.

Chu Li laughed, "To buy the company of a pretty lady from the New Moon Brothel alone would cost nearly ten thousand taels. For a man of your character, you don't go to lowly places like New Moon for girls, right?"

"Just give me a number, how much?" Cheng Wenhui scoffed.

Chu Li thought for a moment, and then reached out his left hand. He said, "Five hundred thousand taels!"

"...Alright, deal!" Cheng Wenhui replied in a low voice.

A wide smile etched out on Chu Li's face, "Well brother Ding, you're quite a generous man!"

Cheng Wenhui reached inside his robe and took out a stack of bank notes. He gave them to Chu Li, "There's a hundred thousand taels in there. Just hold on to it for the time being, I will pay you the rest later on!

Chu Li was just about to reach for the bank notes, when Cheng Wenhui suddenly threw out a palm strike towards him.

Chu Li retreated and dodged it.

Cheng Wenhui retracted his fist, and shook his head, "Remarkable!"

He exhaled disappointingly, knowing that he had blown his one and only chance to take his enemy down. This Chu Li, is indeed a cunning fella!