C3 Ranking Up

The sound of footsteps came from the distance. Lee Yue was following a round, plump old man, his bolstering apparent from all over him.

Old Meng, the royal attendant to the Thousand Herb Garden. A sixth rank Scribe.

His face was completely round, his eyes small. However, they widened into full circles as he laid his eyes upon the black spots.

"Are you still not stopping!?" He exclaimed.

Chu Li let go of the thin grass stick, proceeding to wrap his fist and engaging in an elegant bow.

"Sir Meng Qin Lin."

"Young Chu Li, what do you think youre doing?" Meng Qin Lin rushed towards him.

He walked towards the Cymbidium to have a closer look, taking a whiff as he did. He then bent over and placed his face near the floor, repeating the same action, after which he put a handful of soil in his mouth to taste it.

"Its not the spotted rust!" Meng Qin Lin declares, spitting out the soil.

Lee Yue served a cup of tea, his face adorned with a smile.

Meng Qin Lin pursed his lips in a cross frown. The spotted rust was a common illness that afflicted the Cymbidium, and they existed in multiple different formed. The black spots in front of him were extremely similar to that of the disease; he was almost deceived!

"Young Chu Li..you didnt try to cure this with the cure for spotted rust, did you?"

"Its the Dew Eater."

"The Dew Eater?" Meng Qin Lin blinked his small, round eyes in confusion, something stirred within his memory about the worm after which he asked Chu Li, "Are you sure?"

"About forty percent.."

"Why you little! Some nerve you have!" Meng Qin Lin held out a cup of tea, "If you do kill it doing this...your life is forfeit!"

Chu Li smiled and took the tea cup.

Meng Qin Lin saw the confidence Chu Li was oozing and asked, "How many days till we can see the results?"

"Four days is enough."

"Alright, we shall wait and see, then. If they actually wilt, you dont even have to think about staying here any longer!"

Folding his sleeves, Meng Qin Lin turned tail and left. Lee Yue followed in his heels, his face still brimming with a wide smile. Chu Li again wrapped his hands in a sign of bidding farewell, placing the teacup back down on the table and continuing to wipe the juice onto the other leaves.

Chu Li remained in the Cymbidium parterrer from dawn till dusk. He continued to channel healthy aura onto the infected plants, whereas Lee Yue took care of the food and drinks for Chu Li.One day while he was going about his business, he noticed something out of place.

The Cymbidium that were worse for wear were immediately reinvigorated as soon as Chu Li laid his hands on them, as if the plants had eaten Pills of Energy.

Baffled, he questioned Chu Li out of curiosity, but only told him that he had had a knack for it since birth, asking him to shut up and guard the door to make sure no one came in to see what he was doing, to not go around spreading the news. Lee Yue beat his chest in promise.

The East Garden was indeed a carefree place, but the responsibility they carried was large. If anything were to go south, a harsh punishment would ensue. Knowing this, it was natural for them to panic at the the ill flowers. The mere knowledge of the situation left them unable to sleep or eat well.