C7 Lady Siao

"Zhuo Feiyang proceeded to the East Garden to begin his seclusion. When he had finished, Zhuo Feiyang advanced to challenge the third floor. This is all your doing, am I correct?" said Su Ru. She had a starry-eyed look that gazed towards Chu Li in awe.

He nodded.

"Did you really initiate the duel?" Su Ru grinned. "You really are something Chu Li. After all, Zhuo Feiyang isn't someone to be trifled with."

"I didn't have a choice. I was forced to fight like a cornered animal."

"And he lost?" Su Ru's excitement grew by the second, "You know, he kept insisting on denouncing you; He even planned on denigrating you. Now, there's barely any word of it. Not even a shred of news about Zhuo Feiyang ".

Lee Yue chirped in excitement, "Chief! You should have seen him! Zhuo Feiyang was no match for Chu Li; he was vanquished without saying a single word."

"I thought your inner strength was inert?"

"Yes."

"Then how did you win..?"

"Chief, Chu Li's swordsmanship is extraordinary!"

"Hmm" Su Ru nodded with this sudden realization.

"Seems like you have great potential with the sword. It's such a shame."

"What is such a shame?" Lee Yue asked.

"Not having inner strength..." Su Ru shook her head. "You may have gotten away with the trained users, but with natural experts? You won't even be able to withstand their first blow!"

Chu Li nodded in agreement. He is an expert in the knowledge of martial arts and has read many books. From what he learned, trained users could only circulate their energy within themselves. However, a natural expert is able to transfer their inner strength into another inanimate object.

"Chu Li, you have been focused all your efforts on being a Scribe. You have a brighter future there that than being a Scribe." Su Ru said.

Chu Li smiled.

"Are you doubtful?" Su Ru tilted her head.

"Being a Scribe is definitely a better choice." Chu Li nodded, "...for manipulation, that is."

"You're smart", Su Ru covered her mouth and smiled. "It takes some time for Scribes to reap their rewards. Nonetheless, to those with potential, it no longer becomes a problem."

Chu Li nodded.

Su Ru always thought that Chu Li was a proven intellect. He could grasp whatever Su Ru wanted to convey with just a few hints from her. Being able to have this level of understanding for his age proves his maturity, "Let me have a look at the Moonlight Orchid. I've never seen one before!" Su Ru smiled.

"The East Garden does not purchase these orchids regularly, Even so, I've heard that the West Garden has a good history of purchasing multiple orchids at a single time!" Lee Yue added.

"Let us be mindful of our own business please." Su Ru shook her head in disapproval, "Mistress had banned us from buying any of the orchids. However, they're just too beautiful. It's really hard to resist not admiring them."

The three of them finally arrived at the parterre of the Moonlight Orchid.

Su Ru nodded. Satisfaction was written all over her face. "It's really clear why so many people are obsessed with these flowers. Chu Li, have you actually succeeded?"

"They grow within a span of a month. Thus, more should germinate within the following month." Chu Li answered.

"When the new one grows, you'll send it to the West Garden." Su Ru said.