C42 Transplant

She got increasingly diligent in the two days following the past event. All the meals were delicious and they all came with exquisite wine.

Chu Li did not say much and seemed to be enjoying every meal, while Xue was cultivating according to his advice, still ambivalent about the matter.

She no longer cultivated in the day, but instead did so before dawn. She would awake and cultivate for an hour before she returned to sleep due to fatigue. This ensured that she woke up in top form the next day.

The Crescent Cryptic took a lot of energy to train. She used to only be able to train for fifteen minutes, but she could now push it to an hour. She felt that she was much more energized during midnight and that it was easier for her to cultivate during that time.

With this new schedule, her cultivation period and its effectiveness increased drastically. It even made up for lost cultivation time from the days before. The more she thought about it the more miraculous she felt about it.

It was gloomy early in the morning, dark clouds blocked the sun.

However, Chu Li was feeling ecstatic. He drank wine and enjoyed the dishes as he leisurely looked at the yard. The blessed farmland was ready, and he could finally begin planting.

He secretly let out a breath. He had learned how to make the blessed soil from the book, and this was the first time he actually tried it. He was quite worried.

The recipe to making blessed soil was a close held secret privy only to members of the royal family. The Public House could only receive blessed soil, but they did not know how to make them. This was how the Royal Family kept the Public House and the sects of the Martial Art Circle in check.

He had read more than ten books regarding blessed soil, and all of them only provided loose hints here and there about the method of making blessed soil. Chu Li had to combine all of that to roughly curate his current method.

Now, it seemed that his luck had not run out since the technique worked. After this, he just had to try planting some spirit herbs to give the blessed soil a test.

Xue stood next to Chu Li and filled up his cup regularly as her body emitted a pleasant aroma.

She carefully observed Chu Li's expression, and she could see that he was in quite a good mood. She quickly asked gently as she was pouring the wine. "Master, why is it that The Crescent Cryptic needs to be cultivated during midnight?"

She put down the wine jar and presented him the jade cup with both of her hands.

"You've seen the difference, haven't you?"

Chu Li took the jade cup and looked at the green bamboos.

"Yes." Xue answered gently. "It is faster and easier to cultivate too."

Chu Li sipped some of the wine and put down the cup. He picked a crunchy pork piece and put into his mouth to slowly chew it.

"Xue, do you read?"

"Of course, but I haven't had the time So I haven't been reading much."

"What do you usually read?"

"Mostly historical books."

"How about the theory of martial arts ?"

"I've read some of those."

"If you want to cultivate smoothly, reading about the theory of martial arts is very important. And also medical books, martial arts and medicine are both fruit of the same tree."

"Medical books?" Xue was surprised.

Chu Li lifted the jade cup and sipped. "After you finish reading medical books and return to reading the theories of martial arts, you'll come to realize more things."