“Welcome to Cave Castle. What can I get for you?” I asked with as much enthusiasm as I can force myself to have.

“A coke, but do you think you can have someone else bring it out? This dress is Gucci and it can’t afford to be ruined by your clumsiness.” The woman spoke.

A coke will be the least of your worries, I think to myself.

“Sure, and for you?” I smiled, looking at Zayn.

“Same thing as the last time.” He said, not even looking at me.

I turn and head to the kitchen, gripping my notepad.

I approach the table and the two of them are whispering. They notice me and stop immediately. I set their drinks onto the table, not spilling anything.

“Are you ready to order or do you need a minute?” I asked politely.

“We’ll have the steak.” Zayn replied, smiling at the female. She took a sip of her drink and spit it out, all over me.

I shrieked and took a step back, holding my hands in front of my body. “What did you bring me? This is disgusting. Take it back and bring me a new one.” The woman yelled.

“Elena please don’t be so loud, you’ll attract attention.” Zayn sighed in annoyance.

I made my way into the kitchen and gave their order to the chef. “Sky what the hell happened?” Tyler asked, trying not to laugh.

 “Nothing.” I grumbled and head to my locker. I took off the shirt that is now wet from the soda that she—Elena, he called her—spit on me. I grabbed the first one I saw and yanked it over my head. “Can you take a coke to the female sitting at table 11?” I asked one of the other waiters. She nodded and went out into the dining area with the drink.

I waited for the food to finish before I make my way back to the table. I am really not in the mood for Zayn and his foolish games to mess with me. I’m starving and I have to sit here and wait on someone I’d rather not see ever again.

I carried the tray with their plates to their table, walking slowly. As I am about to take the last step, something comes in contact with my foot causing me to fall, and the food to land on top of me. It just finished cooking so it is extremely hot and it probably burned me.

“Aw do you need to rinse all of the grease off of you? Let me help.” Elena taunted me. I look up and see her pour the glass of coke all over me. It all happened too quickly. Before I could close my eyes, they were burning with Coca-Cola.

I can hear the two of them laughing at me, the sound echoing in my ears. The sound is replaying over and over again and it’s making my heartbeat accelerate.

I can feel the tears spilling over and there’s nothing I can do about it. I stand to my feet and run back into the kitchen. I clock out and grab my stuff from my locker. My vision is blinded by tears but I can’t stay here any longer.

I walk by the pool, in hopes of seeing my best friend. I finally spot her sitting on a chair and she jumps up, running to me. “Sky? What happened to you?” Lia gasped as she takes in my appearance.

“Take me home.” I sobbed.

“Did he do this to you?” She asked, pulling towards her. She began to rub circles in my back and attempting to calm me down.

“Can we go please?” I begged.

“Let me get my stuff and we’ll go, okay?” She said, pulling away so we’re at arm’s length, and gave me a small smile.