|19| ~War Plans ~

Start from the beginning

Once Marcellus gets himself back together, he hisses in King Seneca's direction, "Plus, you are only agreeing because you and Cyrus are good friends."

King Seneca says nothing. He simply continues with his meal.

Nicklaus keeps on watching me for a long-drawn-out moment before finally speaking, "You're right, Marcellus."

He takes a sip of his drink, and my stomach clenches and food starts to resurface as I look at the thick red liquid that occupies his cup.

"We can't leave the circling kingdoms unguarded. Most of our people reside in those lands, and they must be protected at all cost."

"We have people in Antarctica and Austria," Xander adds. "And unlike the other kingdoms, they are the least protected."

King Marcellus speaks again, "Those creatures will not survive Antarctica's climate. News flash, no one lives there. Why would they attack the land of the dead? Everyone knows once a human is taken to your territory, they're dead."

I must admit, he has a point.

"Your territory is the least likely to be attacked. That's why it's your territory, remember. We wouldn't want you to relapse and avenge your long, lost lo—"

"I suggest," Xander growls, "you mind your tongue before you lose it."

His eyes flash red and his body visibly shakes, providing evidence that his threat is real. All eyes, including my own, are now on Xander. I can't help but wonder why he's so pissed. The other kings do not seem to be surprised by his outburst, which piques my interest even more.

King Nicklaus stands, and all eyes travel to him.

"Everyone has a point, and I respect every single one of your opinions." He turns to face King Cornelius. "We have yet to hear yours about the war."

King Cornelius doesn't immediately respond. He turns to face Jadis, and my heart rate increases tremendously. I can only hope that he is not going to use her like King Marcellus used his pet, to prove a point. I won't be able to just sit here and watch it like a good little slave. I will kill him.

"I agree with King Marcellus," he answers, twirling his finger around a string of Jadis's hair. "Going to war because the dogs freed a few pets is just not worth the trouble," he continues, staring at her, and the others at him.

I take that opportunity to grab a knife on the far end of the table. I meant what I said; he will die.

"Very well," speaks King Nicklaus, nodding and shifting his focus onto me.

I gulp. My heart rate increases triple-fold.

He must have been listening in. Surprisingly, he doesn't call me out. Instead, he continues with their conversation.

"As I said before, I respect your opinion, and I have taken everything that was stated into consideration." He pauses while walking to the center of the room and then says, "With that being said, I have made my decision."

The other kings stand in unison.

"I declare war on the dogs and any other creatures that decide to come to their aid. As King Marcellus pointed out, we can't afford to leave the circling kingdoms unguarded."

What are the circling kingdoms? I'm still lost.

King Marcellus smiles, but it's short-lived.

"That's why I've decided that Seneca, Rufus, Cornelius, and Luscious will stay in their territories."

"What?" King Marcellus objects, grinding his teeth. "That's bullshit!" he growls. "They can stay at home and guard their kingdoms, but I must partake in the war."