Chapter Twelve

Okay! Know how I promised the longest gap between chapters is 3 days? Yeaaah, I can't write a chapter in 3 days. I tried and I get really frazzled.

Lets make it 5 days max now. I might update after less than 5 days, but that's the longest I can go without updating.

Without further ado, Chapter 12!

(It's a bit extensive.)

~

"I am curious," Kennedy says, following behind me as I stand at the higher counters with the bar stools. "Your girlfriend is very cryptic—"

"I don't think we're there yet." I correct her. I hand her phone back to her, but that doesn't stop her from rambling.

"—and that's interesting, but Kim, I think she's a bigger deal than what we think."

I frowned, turning to face her. "That's what I said yesterday." I say passively. I made such a big deal out of it yesterday to myself, but last night changed that all.

"But are you not curious to find out if you're seeing a national supermodel?"

Is that supposed to be an accomplishment?

I roll my eyes, sipping my coffee to keep my sanity from falling off my head. "Is it that important to know if I kissed a supermodel?"

I dismiss it but Kennedy's just standing in front of me with a giant smile on her face. "So... you were just kissing last night? No sexy time?"

Crap, I shouldn't have let that slip.

My face turns red, "We were making out." I mutter shyly, and Kennedy lets out a little squeal.

"But she's not your girlfriend?" Kennedy asks in an amused tone, but that only made me laugh.

"I want her to be." I say honestly, picking at the napkin in front of me.

Kennedy scoffs, rolling her eyes. "Seriously, Kimberly, you think everyone is freaked out over everything."

"Because I'm freaked out over everything!" I countered but my best friend calmly smiles at me.

"You know, she likes you Kim— I mean, really like you. Anybody with eyes can see that. And I don't think she'll make out with you if that wasn't true."

"Don't you think it's too fast?" I ask Kennedy.

"How would I know? All my boyfriends were nothing but too fast." Kennedy tells me, simply. "I just know what it is you two are, it's so much better than what I always get."

I smirked, shaking my head. "Such a love expert, Kennedy." I mutter sarcastically, making her laugh.

"Look, I don't know," She says, dropping her arm from the counter. "This trendy 'no labels' thing is so confusing." she rolls her eyes in disgust. I chuckled, "But it helps to find out if you're on the same page."

"That doesn't make me sound needy, right?" I ask her, frowning, because that's one concern I honestly have.

Kennedy laughs as she looks at me from her phone. "It's just talking, Kimberly."