Chapter Thirty Three

Happy pride month my lovelies! 🏳️‍🌈

I've been really busy the last few months so writing was on a tight schedule :-)

But to be honest with everyone, finding inspiration to write, or anything creative, has been challenging. With everything happening in the world, it's madness. Has it been the same case for you guys?

I know it's insane, what's happening right now and we have so many causes and movements to fight for (cause let's be real. Our world is trash), but never forget to take care of yourselves and your mental health.

Never stop educating yourself, never stop learning.  It always starts within ourselves.
It's the only way we can move forward.

You are so strong for fighting, and doing good for this world 💕

Without further ado, the chapter :) I hope you all enjoy!

It's a little passed 9 when I left the Alley, thanks to some sophomore girls who stayed behind past closing. Claudia told me they've been doing that for three days and she's about done with them, from what I can tell.

My aunt comes back tonight, and I picked up dinner for her and mom at the town centre. When I get home, Mom and her sister are sitting on the sofa, looking like they're having a serious discussion.

"Kim!" Tía gets up and pulls me in a hug before I can ask what's going on. "Finally! We have been waiting for you!"

"Why do I feel like I walked in on something important...?" I ask, noticing the look on my aunt's face.

"No, honey, not anything you don't know," Mom assures, taking out the boxes of Chinese take out. "I just told Lorrie about the party for your grandparents."

Tía and I both let out a heavy sigh at the same time as I drop myself on the couch. "Well, if I knew about it I should've invited guests too, right? I thought this was a family Christmas, Noelle?"

"Finally someone else is thinking rationally." I chime in, earning me a dirty look from mom. "Come on, mom. You think it's ridiculous too."

"But it's happening," mom emphasised, "this isn't about your dad, this is about your grandparents and they're very excited to see you so behave. I mean it, Kimberly." She turns to her sister, "You too."

"Still think of me as a child?" She retorts, smirking.

Mom cocks her head, picking up a box of the take out I brought. "When you've shown me you've grown up, I'll change my mind."

She looks at my mom, muttering something in Spanish sarcastically, causing mom to roll her eyes at her. She smirks, grabbing a box from the table. "Let's eat, Kim?"

I smile and stood up slowly. "Thanks, Tía but I'm really beat. I think I'll turn in."

She grins at me, nodding in understanding. I disappear in my room, kicking my shoes off and dropping my bag. I change into my pyjamas, plopping on my bed before taking my phone out. Jacky's name blares on my screen, top of the queue. Lucky enough, though, cause I'm dying to know how it went with her dad.

Jacky:
It went well! It's late, don't reply. Get some sleep. Talk to you in the morning <3

I can't help but smile. Jacky and her dad is another level of complicated, but she took a big step and did what she had to. I'm so proud of her, and I hope this changes their relationship for the better.