Chapter Seven

Monday came, and it was the most eventful and hilarious thing. The Monday after every homecoming is always interesting because you find everything; confused kids who are figuring out what happened, those who got laid, the ones who tried drugs for the first time, hungover ones who extended homecoming until Sunday night, those who don't remember anything from the said event, and of course the legendary kid who crashes onto Clarence King's stained glass window after propelling from the staircase.

It's so easy to spot who is in the categories, it's hilarious!

The King brothers are legendary in Silver Creek for their parties, that's why they're so popular. Every year, a brother graduates and the younger one takes the throne in the senior class. Anyone who went to a King's party, especially homecoming after parties, always come in the following Monday like a zombie drowned in alcohol.

"Kim!" I spun around, hearing Kennedy call out my name. Jane is walking beside her, looking like she just recovered from a laughing fit. "Charlotte is throwing a party tonight all because Clarence King stole her spotlight last Friday— this is going to be hilarious! We have to go to this!"

I grimaced, shaking my head without hesitation. "No." I grumbled, "Ken, I have a shift at the Alley tonight, but it's weird she throws a party in the beginning of the week."

Jane laughs, handing me a flyer. "No, it's weird she's throwing a party at all. The spotlight is not big enough for the both of them, one has to reign superior." She states confidently, shrugging her shoulders.

I glance down at the flyer, frowning at the own design of the poster. "This looks lame. What is she afraid of? The freshmen pledging their allegiance to Clarence instead of her?" I retort, dropping it in the garbage. "I didn't think she was capable of a bad idea."

"Everything is a bad idea to you." Kennedy mutters, rolling her eyes.

I roll my eyes at her retort, turning to Jane inquisitively. "You're going?" I ask her.

"Probably." She scoffs, turning to Kennedy for approval. "No one wants to miss this."

My turn to scoff. "I do."

It's not even because it's a party on a Monday night. It's because it's Charlotte's party. The moment I step in there, and the devil finds out, I'll never make it out of hell without a memorabilia. Just me being there puts in a very vulnerable position, and will make Charlotte assume I'm there for her! No chance; I'm not stepping foot inside that house.

Kennedy shoots me a deadly look when I make a turn for my locker, but doesn't say anything because Jane is there. But it was short-lived. Jane gets a message from the head of the Extra Curricular department, and rushes over to the office the very minute.

"So." She starts, and I pretend not to listen to her. "I didn't see Jacky yet today." I roll my eyes but that doesn't stop her from going on. "Maybe going to Charlotte's party could be good for you." And she still goes on... "By going, you're showing her that she doesn't bother you anymore. And if she sees you there with Jacky—"

"Ken, I'm working tonight," I slam my locker door, slinging my bag over my shoulder. "I don't want to give Charlotte the satisfaction of being there. We don't want her head bigger than it already it!"

Right on cue, the devil saunters down the hallway. I sigh exasperatedly. The day just began but all the life has been sucked out of my soul at the sight of Charlotte.

"I'll see you at lunch." I muttered, going the opposite hallway so I don't bump into Charlotte. I heard a bit of grumbling from Kennedy when I went the other way, but I'd rather have that than listen to one of Charlotte's snarky remarks.