Chapter Twenty Five

Okay! I was meant to upload in pride month but I was all over the place since April heh...

I know it took so long but in the time I was away, I'm surprised Kim & Jacky got so much love from everyone on here, so I just want to say thank you and welcome!

It really means a lot to me that you guys are reading <3

Hopefully, I can lay low now and just write ^_^

I'll try to update as soon as possible, but for now;

Enjoy!

And belated happy pride month, you beautiful angels! <3

I remember coming to this gallery every weekend when I was younger. Mom was a junior curator, and she assisted supervisors for upcoming exhibitions but I was in a world of my own. This room was a playground for me; bright white walls, open space, newly waxed, shiny floors where I can slide from end to end. When I close my eyes, I know the room by heart; vast welcoming area branching out to two different wings and curves in the end. My mom enjoys her job more than anyone I know.

And, really, that's all I want out of life; to do a job that I love that's fulfilling at the same time. Where everyday is totally different and you get to surround herself with different mediums of art. To others, it's such a mundane job but, my mother transforms blank gallery walls with extraordinary diverse displays of art from all over the world.

And tonight is just one of those nights when she decked the blank walls with photographs of the streets of New Orleans that captured every ounce of the city's culture and heritage.

"I'd love to go to New Orleans." Jacky says as we stop in front of the photograph of an overly crowded Bourbon Street that doesn't look very appealing to me.

But Jacky, her eyes light up with fascination!It's a beautiful look on her, but the very opposite to my distasteful reaction.

I tilt my head slightly, squinting my eyes. "I wonder who you're going there with Because I am not getting on a plane again..." I say in a slow teasing tone. She lulls her head my way with a feign hurt look on her face, making me smile.

"That's cold." she teases, making me smile a bit. "Im dragging you there with me before you move to New York, even if I have to drive for hours."

"We're not even sure if I'm really going to New York, are we?" Thats when she rolls her eyes at me. I tease her some more, grinning widely like an innocent child. "You know if my dad heard you say that, he will automatically assume I'm pursuing the Columbia plan."

"Did anyone ask you yet?"

"I didn't hear anything... Unless you heard something I didn't?"

"I did." She says quickly, surprising me. "I went to the restroom and heard this dude— lanky blonde in a black suit— asking your dad about your college plans. They were a group, but he was the one who asked specifically. Why are they so interested in your college plans?"

"Cause dad hyped them up that I'm on the road to a perfect Ivy League education." I roll my eyes at the thought.

As annoyed I am at the thought, Jacky smiles at me and it's very infectious on me. Always. "Bummer. You know, every time someone mentions Columbia, you lose all life in your eyes... like you're terrified. When we talk about the Film Academy... I don't know. It's a different story. You come alive. I know you feel that too, and you deserve to feel that way every single day."

Every time words like these come out of this girls mouth, she's just begging to be kissed. And I'm right under her spell for that— until I remember where we are, who's here and I had to restrain myself.