Chapter Thirty Three • pt. 2

Hey everyone!
This chapter is a little bit long and I haven't written in a while too, so when I did write this, I got a little carried away? A lot of parts in this chapter just came naturally and... well, I'll let you read it for yourself :) also, it's part 2 of chapter 33 cause it felt too connected for it to be chapter 34.

The gist is I've been binging and rewatching a couple of shows recently and I've been obsessed with all of them!

Dynasty. Umbrella Academy. Hamilton. How I Met Your Mother. B99 Season 7!!!

It's a bit of a minx. Seen any of them? 👀 There's too much time and i know we're starting to run out of ideas how to spend it all.

What shows have you guys been watching? I'd love to know!

But now here we go with the chapter! :)

When I walk in the kitchen with Jacky, no one looked happier than my aunt. She had a wide grin and didn't hesitate to give her a big hug! "Had trouble parking, I heard?"

Jacky laughs, "I dont know what you're talking about but a huge dog hit the mailbox."

I gasp exaggeratedly, "How dare you blame a dog!"

She chuckles, playfully pinching my side, making me flinch. "Look at that. You're here 3 minutes and Kim's a whole different person!"

I blush at my aunt's remark, but since she's got here, it's like all the tension has left my body and I'm more at ease.

"Jacky!" My mother called out, pulling my girlfriend in for a big unexpected hug. Jacky's eyes widen but eventually she relaxes. "I'm so glad you're here! I was hoping you'd stop by! Kim said you can't make it."

"Someone covered my shift at the cafe," She explains, smiling. "I'm glad I can make it!"

I can't help but smile, seeing how much mom loves Jacky already. "Well, it's important to be with family on Christmas."

"So, what are you this time?" Tía asks then she lowers her voice that sounds like a hiss, "Just so I know what to say when the chismosas are prying!"

Mom's eyes widens and gently pries the wine glass out of my aunt's hands, who barely notices!

"Freshen up upstairs, and come back down. You're a mess, Lorrie!" She shoves her sister and Tía just shrugs and follows mom's order, making me a laugh a bit. "Lorena's tell is if she's not answering back." She states before walking off to the dining room.

"She finished a bottle of red before the party." I tell Jacky who's finishing her own glass with a glint of amusement in her eyes. "You enjoying that wine?"

She smiles, winking cheekily before putting her glass down. She gently takes my hand, brushing her thumb on my knuckle. "Are you enjoying hiding from your guests?" She teases with a cheeky grin.

"Grandparents' guests." I correct. "I'm just happy you made it."

She smiles at me, looking into my eyes. There's something she wants to say, and she does. "We can still have a good Christmas."

That's when my lips stretch into a wide smile to mimic my giddy little heart in this moment. "I just wanted you to be a part of it, that's all. And here you are."

Her eyes soften into a dazzling sea of emerald. Her smile softens as a soft whisper escapes her lips, "Here I am."

And like that, I'm drawn to her and my eyes fall to her lips. I take a deep breath before taking a step back, making her laugh a little at my panicky moment. Damn it.