Chapter Thirty Four

Hello!

I'm so sorry this took forever to upload! I had to write this, then rewrite it, then rewrite it again because of a wattpad error. I dont know. Plus, some contributing factors in real life that made it a little difficult to write, but ya know. Gots to pull through.

One thing is recently this horror-like, psychological thriller show,  Ratched,  came out, and I finished it in 2 days! No joke, the show gave me nightmares after 2 episodes. I keep dreaming that Sarah Paulson wants to stick a needle in my eye.

Talk about Halloween spirit :)

Would love to know what everyone's watching
I need some suggestions,

but also I know you didn't wait this long to hear about Ratched so,

Chapter Thirty Four! ❤️

Enjoy!

I parked on the side of the road in Beverly Shores for a while. It was so difficult to sit there and watch the person you love fall apart, and you're powerless to do anything. You can't do anything to take the pain away, you can only be there for them, and hope it's enough. I would do anything for her if it meant she didn't have to feel this. I would drive all the way to New York if I had to, but Kim wanted to go back home.

But I know that feeling when 'home', doesn't feel as welcoming anymore. Kim hesitates to leave my car when I pull over in front of her house, like she's trying to brave it out, but too soon, it showed that she's not ready to be back there.

So I drove. I park outside my aunt's house. I know she's not home because she's staying at a hotel in the city, but a part of me dreaded the idea that she came home but with another surprise guest.

But thank god I was wrong!

I went to change and grab some clothes for Kim in the dryer too while she's in the bathroom. She's sitting on my bed, wrapped in a towel, fiddling with the pendant on her chest absentmindedly. Her empty eyes glued on the wall. Carefully, I lay the clothes down on my nightstand and sat beside her. It's not difficult to see her mind is somewhere else. Wondering.

Her eyes are swollen from all the crying but since we drove back, she just went quiet. And I'm more worried about that than when she's crying cause who knows what she's suppressing?

"Kim." I spoke gently. She turns to me slowly, looking up. "You're exhausted. You need to try and get some sleep, okay?"

Her jaw tenses. "I can't sleep." She chokes out, and it breaks my heart. "Can we do something else?"

I nod, telling her I won't force her because I know exactly how she's feeling. It's a dark place; you feel so hollow and you just want that void to swallow you whole to get rid of everything you're feeling. But it doesn't.

I can tell she's not ready to talk about it, but it changed something in her. Her eyes are foggy, her spirit is broken. And Kim, of all people, living this nightmare shows how cruel the universe can be.

"Okay..." I walk over to my desk and grab my laptop, bringing it to my bed. The room is so dark the screen blindingly makes us squint. "How about a movie, then?"

Kim flashes a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes, "Okay." She says softly.

I smile, turning back to the screen. "You know that movie I went on and on about in October?"

"Please tell me it's not Macbeth." She murmurs, and it's so amusing that she remembers. "Murder and betrayal is not very Christmassy, by the way."

"No, but it's a literary masterpiece for any holiday—"