Chapter Two

8:30AM
    That's the time i left the house for the opening of my classes today. It was the idea of my parents to put me in a school that's a walking distance because I didn't have to commute everyday unlike Kennedy. Actually, I chose not to commute if it's not necessary. Besides, there's something about the every day walk to campus that gives me bliss before a chaotic day in high school. I sometimes see more when Im walking on the streets as opposed to riding the bus for five minutes and everything just blurs in front of me.

Also, it helps with the 'Welcome' video we show. Every beginning of the year, I'd put together a 10-minute video to present in the Homecoming Dance. Basically it's a reel of videos, showing clips of the first day of school. It's everything from candid footages to me 'interviewing' a few of new and old students about their first day experience in Silver Creek High School.

Hence, why every school opening I have a handy dandy camera in hand. People were confused at first, others freaked out, but pretty soon they got the gist of it all and played along. Others wanted to be on camera more than others.

I walked to school this morning, already starting my filming. I already managed to get a few clips of the old students walking as well without getting caught which is good. I got caught a few times but with no hard feelings as those people just tend to wave anyway, thrilled to they get to see their faces in front of the whole school.

I spun around to film other students behind me, my eyes glued to the screen on mine camera. I frowned, recognizing immediate the person who's in my shot among everyone else. It's her from last night. "Are you filming me?" She ask, walking forward towards me.

    Kind of." I held the camera up to take a shot of her face, making her smile. I feel my cheeks warm, standing this close to her. I didn't even notice last night how tall she is.

She's a real presence.

"Are you starting first day in Silver Creek?" i ask her but I was looking more at her on my screen as i walked backwards.

    "Thats what it looks like." She says, laughing as she crosses her arms.    

Her laugh is infectious. It was too late to realize that i was grinning myself. I hit the red button on my camera to stop recording and just focus on her. Jacky through a screen does not do Jacky in real life any justice. "Sorry about last night, by the way. I just freaked out when you said my name like you're used to it."

    "Yeah, well the'Kim' population where I lived was is thriving." She says in a sarcastic tone, making me smile even wider.

I noticed that we were nearing the campus. From where we are, I can already see the flagpole peeking over the trees and the swarm of students charging towards familiar territory has increased by a lot.

"I can tell you really don't remember me, Kim. To be fair, you were like... 3 at the time."

I chuckle nervously, looking down at my camera. "Must have been wild if you remember that."

I look up at Jacky, the wind blowing her hair out of her face. Her eyes pierce in the bright morning light. "Then how about we start over." She says with a shrug.

    "I think that's the obvious path." I say, holding my free hand out. "Hi, I'm Kim."

I find it a bit silly, but if it helps, then fine.

    Jacky laughs, grasping my hand. I felt the heat rise to my face as we both shake hands. A certain surge of warmth tingled on my palm. "Jacky."

    Like that, it's as if we've just met again. And I don't think I've ever met anyone, or seen anyone, in this town who's like Jacky.

    "Good morning, Jane!" I greet my humble leader as I enter the photography org room. Jane is sitting at the computer by the printer. Not entirely surprised since that's her favourite spot. Of the 4 desktops in the room, this was her favourite for reasons I do not understand.