Chapter Thirty Two

Hello guys! Long time, long time. I know. It's a really trying time right now. Not the best place to be at the beginning of a decade.

Does it feel like the whole world is on pause right now? it's not but that's what it feels like cause the most normal things we used to do, we can't do them anymore. Days? They all feel the same like it's a loop.

Really makes you miss the most mundane things like commuting and just sitting with your friends... like I miss being on my uni campus and i SERIOUSLY took the times of being there for granted like oh man.

What id give to be in that ugly crowded cafeteria again.

How is everyone coping though? I can't imagine this being easy on anyone. Really hope everyone is staying safe, staying indoors and looking after their health; both physical and mental! I know especially in isolation it's so easy to feel alone and helpless but you're not alone. We're all in this together (HSM anyone? ;) we'll see it through 💕

Now, I don't know you guys but my motivation to do anything productive at all evaporated since lockdown. I haven't touched any of my work for uni, nor have I written until a few days ago.

Hence, why the MASSIVE delay but I thought now is as good as time as any other to try and get something up.

I really did miss writing about Kim and Jacky, I really did. I just need to get their story out of my head and into words.

Hopefully, I'll be able to write again soon and stay safe you guys. Take care of yourselves. Please stay at home if you can! ❤️

"Merry Christmas, little elf!" I flinch when a scratchy beanie is squeezed over my head. I didn't have to look to see who it was. When I look up, Kennedy grinning at me from ear to ear with her infamous Santa hat on.

I chuckle, fixing the hat. "Why do you always give me the elf hat? If it didn't fit last year, it won't fit this year!" After a few manoeuvrings, the hat won't stay on, and it pops off my head!

"Because no one wants a gloomy Santa, Kimmy. A grumpy elf suits you perfectly!" She jabs, making me roll my eyes. "You're literally the only person I know who hates Christmas to her core! What is wrong with you?"

I put on a feign smile, "Being a Grinch runs in the family, I guess. My dad's an even bigger one." Only he hides it better. I grab my textbooks before closing my locker. "Besides, how will Christmas be any different this year, huh?"

"You know," Kennedy starts as we make our way to our classes, "A little change of perspective does the job ? You'll see your Grandad and grandma again like you can not not be happy about that!"

"Maybe so," I muttered but by the look on Kennedy's face, she's not buying it.

She rolls her eyes, laughing lightly. "Well, shit. Save some enthusiasm for tomorrow. Please." She mutters sarcastically before looking down at her phone.

"Yep. My family. Enthusiasm is their jam." I responded in the same tone.

"Are you bringing Jacky over for a big 'meet the family' holiday situation?" She asks, stopping in front of her classroom. We still have 10 minutes before the 2nd bells goes off.

"I'll spare her." I grumbled. The mere thought of my grandparents and my father insulting my girlfriend in the most passive-aggressive manner is already ticking me off. "In fact, the longer and further I can keep her away from my dad's side of the family, the better."

No it is not, says a taunting voice in my head that sounds a lot like my best friend.

"No it's not." Figures. Kennedy lifts her head from her phone and looks at me in confusion. "So you'll never introduce her to your dad's family as your girlfriend is what I'm hearing."