Chapter Twenty Six

Hello!

As promised, here's chapter 26! Lol the final version! ^_^
I took down the 'update about the update' now cause this one is up but if you've read that, then you know why this one took a while to come up too XD

Little insight too... I just rewatched the whole Avatar Legend of Aang and Legend of Korra... so I'm a bit of a mess right now XD

BUT OTHER THAN THAT

WOW! Really, you guys, thank you so much for actively voting and commenting! I never imagined this story would get this attention and I'm seriously overwhelmed by the love!

Thank you so so much! <3

Chapter Twenty Six

"Exhibits aren't exactly your scene, mate." The older man scoffs, handing his passport to the uniformed immigration officer. "But I suppose life is funny to tease you like that."

His companion behind him, a tall middle aged man who looks impossible to get a laugh out of, frowns at his friend, unamused– or just uninterested by the subtle banter. He had something else in his mind that's more important than to think of a retort to amuse his friend.

He's been in airports more than his home; travelling to different parts of the world in favour of his job. In the beginning, he hated how his job involved getting away from his family all the time, especially his daughter. But as the years went by, he began feeling indifferent about the set up. It brought peace to his mind that he knew her better than anybody, or so he convinced himself.

But it changed the moment he put his job and his ambitions before everything else.

They were close. He loved her more than anything in the world, but they drifted apart. The little girl he cherished so much... is now a stranger; someone he no longer understands.

His flights became time to prepare, gets his mind in tune; always focusing on the upcoming meeting that could decide the fate of the company.

He knows how important it is, but not tonight. As he pushed his luggage to the departure gates with his old friend, a scene from tonight flashes in his mind he can't forget; a moment he turns around and accidentally catches his daughter locking eyes with her friend, how she's so enamoured by the blonde he barely knew. He knew so quickly that it was something else, for friends don't look at each other like that.

It worried him that they were standing so close; it worried him that she was so different than his daughter; it worried him that she was up to no good. She just has that look. He knew very little of her apart from the fact that she's from New York, and her aunt is a baker from Ireland!

"Karl," he unknowingly interrupts his friend, mid-discussion, "You remember that girl Kim was with?"

"Sure. Beautiful, isn't she?" His friend mused, chuckling to himself. "Definitely my boy's type, but looks like she lacks a bit of the... brain factor."

Julian wasn't listening, though. Everything Karl said blurred in his ears because he only had one question in mind. And if he knew anyone who could bring some clarity to that mystery, it's his good old friend Karl. In business, he knows every important person, and he holds the key to settle his curiosity.

"Mate, have you ever heard of this Irish family, Holliday, I think it is?" He asks casually but it catches his friend by surprise.

Karl frowns, confused by his friend's odd question. "Of course. they're a huge shipping and agriculture company. Why do you ask?"