Chapter Ten • pt 3

NOTE:
Hiii! This is the last part of chapter 10. Next update is Chapter 11. This is the format for chapter 10 cause they're connected to the fair.

So yes I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

Some days all the things that are happening feel unreal. It's like being hungover without the actual alcohol, but some things are so amazing they're too good to be true. When I close my eyes, my brain plays out being on the football field with Jacky. Jacky's arms around me feel so present, her sense of security engulfing and her spring morning scent lingers along with the sensation of her lips on mine.

    Is it even possible for one person to spin your head with a single touch, or Just merely thinking of them? Is it possible that their presence could be enough to flip your day around, and it would feel almost empty if you couldn't be with them? Or their gaze makes you feel like you're a person who's actually worth looking at, let alone loved, despite how damaged your heart already is?

Because I Didn't know those things were even possible until Jacky. It's not even in the fluttery of her words; it's how her hand would just sit on top of mine, how she looks with the subtlest smile on her face, how she brushes my stray hairs off my face to look me in the eye like she's not terrified of seeing the imperfections I see everyday.

"Are you going to make me endure hours of Rent?" I ask her as she opens the front door.

"Hey! Rent is a not a bad movie." She defends, making me smile. I have a feeling she secretly loves that movie. She chuckles, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. "But, yeah, we can do something else."

We didn't even let the movie finish on that field. It got to a point where it didn't serve its purpose, and Jacky asked if I wanted to hang around her place for a while. I couldn't say no to that, because I wanted this night to last as long as possible.

When we went to the city in homecoming evening, it was cut so short. I drove around town in circles just to make that night feel longer, but it wasn't the same. With a night that started out as amazing as that, who would want it to end so soon?

But now she's here; in the flesh.

"Is your aunt coming home?" I ask her. She walks straight down the hall and she turns to the left. She opens the door to the right, which I'm guessing is her bedroom.

"No, she's dealing with a business crisis in the city. She's staying there overnight." She says and I remember what Kennedy said once when were were in Mae's cafe. "Yeah, it's a mess. Some of my stuff from New York came in today."

Her bedroom is smaller than I thought. There's a single bed and a large cabinet on the other end. She has a study table that equals as a vanity table too. And I get what she means by 'mess' because there are 2 large boxes that are stacked up in front of the window, and a smaller one on the floor.

"What's inside?" I ask her.

She shrugs, opening the smaller box. "Clothes in the bigger boxes... Some journals in this one..." She rummages through the contents; notebooks, novels and even some magazines. "A lot of my mom's magazine collection. Mostly magazines where I featured in, even if I was just in the background."

She clears her throat and picks the box up, sitting on top of the large boxes. "Come on, she's a proud mother." I say, nudging her. "My mom did the same when my pictures were featured on the school paper for the very first time."

She smiles at me before she turns to the magazine. She flicks through one, where there's a tape on one of the pages. It opens to the page where she's in along with two other girls. She looks really young in the picture, but stunning. She stands out among the two girls, which is probably why she was chosen to do more jobs by her agency.