Chapter Thirty

Shortest chapter EVER for this story!
It's quite short because some heavy stuff is going on and... yep.

I'm not going to say more except, you'd have to read. Though I will say the next chapters will really revolve around family matters whether it's Kim's family, or Jacky's. Christmas is approaching— at least in this timeline. And we all know this season is all about family.

However they come. So enjoy this chapter! I loved, and dreaded writing this!

Once again, thank you thank you thank you so much for the love and comments!

KIM'S POV

Oh my god, my head is pounding! I should've listened to Jacky's advice on drinking because the headache that follows is not worth it. My body feels limp and an uncomfortable stirring in my stomach I just want to stop. I squint when I walk in the dining room, the sun threatening to burn my eyeballs!

I drag myself to the kitchen and a blurry figure passes me. "Kimberly, what happened to you?"

Once my eyes focus better, I see my mom stirring sugar in her coffee and my dad standing by the sink. When did he get here?! I really don't need a telling-off this early.

"Kimmy got carried away," mom slides the coffee mug over to me with a warm smile. "Your first hangover. Congratulations."

I groan. I shake my head and I immediately hear an annoying buzz in my ear. "It's not worth it." I mumble, getting a full whiff of the coffee's aroma.

"Last night was new. Do you remember anything?" Mom asks me while I ignore my dad's burning stare of disapproval!

I shrug, looking down at my cup. "Sort of..." I recall what I can and there are bits and pieces I can't put together; most of the conversations, but I know Jacky brought me home, I know her brother was there, at one point we were making out— My face turns bright red. "Nothing crazy."

I glance at my parents. My dad looks at my mom like he's blaming her for my hangover so this morning is already going south.

"Did you drive drunk?!" Dad asks me curiously.

I shake my head but immediately regret it. I feel like a tornado is deliberately turning my brain into mush! "Jacky did." I grumbled. "I just know there's no way she'll let me near her keys."

I prop my arm on the counter to support my head. "Julian, she's a lovely girl." I hear mom say as she passes me a plate with some bacon and eggs, "Poor dear has so much going on."

I cock my head. "Tell me about it." I sigh.

"How are you sure she's safe with this girl?" Dad asks bitterly. I really want to answer that but my head is killing me!

I glance at mom, catching her shrug. "Mother's instinct. Now will you please sit down and have breakfast with us?"

Dad pulls a sour look, gesturing upstairs. "I'm exhausted, Noelle. Meeting took up the whole day yesterday."

Mom scoffs disappointedly, "And you're flying to France tomorrow— you're always somewhere else! When are you actually going to spend time with your family?" She demands and I have no choice but to watch this unfurl.

"Soon. When my parents get here, the whole family is here." he says, and I felt my stomach drop. Great. My grandparents. And my aunt. Under one room. During the most family-oriented holiday.

Just... great.

I silently groan, squeezing my eyes shut. Once dad is gone, I ask, "Do I have to be here for Christmas dinner?"