Author's Note

OKAY
so this is something COMPLETELY different from the previous stories I've written on wattpad. Not only in terms of genre, but because this is also a girlxgirl story.  Last time I wrote a story with a gay lead (sort of) was for my Zayn fanfic that I not took down for certain reasons. But this is neither a fanfic, nor am I in my comfort zone AT ALL!

I'm entering unfamiliar territory.

I just realised while writing this authors note that this is the most vulnerable I've ever put myself out on wattpad. I'm not hiding behind any character now, which is... awesome. And also if people from my real life reads this... First of all, Hi! I'm scared shitless that you're actually reading this.

Trust me when I say that I am terrified of publishing this story. This is like the black sheep of the herd, & after writing the Football Coach, I published a few fan fictions that I never finished. So, yeah there's a lot of anxiety from hitting that publish button because of those, but I really hope this time is different.

Maybe some are wondering, "why are you suddenly writing a girlxgirl romance, when all you've been writing are 1D fanfictions?"

The difference is stark. I know that, but believe it or not, a lot of the points in this story are emblems from my own life.
There are things I find really hard to open up about, and are a lot easier to get those off my chest through fictional writing.

So my fanfic readers (if anyone is even reading this), hello, and to everyone in general:

I really hope you give this a chance. This story came from the bottom of my heart.

So I guess you can think of this as a Horcrux; a split piece of my own little soul.

I hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER 1
COMING SOON

for now, the summary:

Kim Thomas has an eye for capturing emotions. That's her specialty. She believes with all her heart that a photograph is a story untold by words.
She's entranced by the smallest details, even ones that are unknown to the beholder.

She lives in a town in the well-known city of Chicago where the world feels very small and unprogressive. Everything is stagnant, and it only dawned on her when she needs to make the biggest leap of her life; college. When she's required to submit a photo series for her application, she needs something extraordinary to catch their attention.

But nothing extraordinary ever happens in Old Town.

Big city girl Jacqueline Holliday moves into Old Town, a girl whose rocky experience with life puts her on the other end of the spectrum from Kim. No one has a clue who she is, only where she came from. Jacqueline is a puzzle... and she had all her pieces scattered.

The day Jacqueline moved into Old Town, She might just bring enough extraordinariness into a very ordinary town.

At least for one.

ALSO IT'S WORTH NOTING THAT THE SETTING/S ISN'T/AREN'T COMPLETELY ACCURATE.
There's some fiction to it.

Old Town, the main setting of this story, thought it is a real place, it's only a neighbourhood in CHICAGO.

But for the sake of this story, let's pretend it's a small town just outside of the city. I was Googling and I thought it had a nice ring for the setting... I mean.... how explicit can you get, right?