Chapter Ten • pt 2

10.2

Groaning, I throw my phone on the other end of the bed, throwing my arm over my eyes. I must have been more exhausted than I thought, because I dozed off within five minutes. A complete dreamless sleep, to which I am thankful for!

It was only 7:00 when I had my breakfast, but Jane wants me in school by 9:00 for last minute set ups and preparations, although the fair doesn't even start until 11! I had a decent sleep last night, which is probably why I got up so early. I had my breakfast at home but decided to get a walk around the town centre to get coffee from my favourite coffee shop. Besides, that coffee shop is only a block away from Kennedy's house so I can always hitch a ride with her to school.

Kennedy texted me while I was waiting for my coffee in the shop. She says, 'Stand outside in 10 minutes, or I'm leaving you.'. I roll my eyes, dropping my phone in my jacket.

When I leave the shop, the cold breeze hits me, it made me shiver. I wrap my fingers around the cup but it wasn't long until Kennedy pulls up in front of me.

"I really thought you were going to be late." She laughs when I get in. I roll my eyes, shutting the door. "How was the photo shoot?" She asks in a sing song voice.

God, I know exactly what she's trying to insinuate, but I don't fall for it.

"Great." I say, playing along. "The cheerleaders were demanding and felt so entitled."

I roll my eyes remembering Savannah— god, I hated shooting her the most!

Kennedy cocks her head, agreeing with me. "God, I hated rehearsing with them." She says, distastefully. "So did the athletic girls. Only Jacky didn't seem to mind them."

"She probably had to deal with worse." And also, Jacky isn't the type to give the slightest attention to those types of people. She's always in her little bubble.

"Jacky helped me a lot with the catwalk," She laughs, then sighs in disbelief. "I didn't know I walk so horribly until Dom told me I walked like a horse."

"That's just perfect." I say distractedly. I remembered seeing Jacky's Instagram page last night, and still wondered how, and why she had that much following. "Hey, Ken."

"Yep?"

"Have you ever seen Jacky's social media accounts?" I ask her hesitantly. She frowns at my question, glancing at me briefly as if she just heard me right.

"Nooo," She says, prolonging the word. "Why?"

"No reason." I say dismissively, leaning back on the car seat, taking a sip from my coffee. "She might just be a bigger deal than I thought she was, Ken."

"That's an odd thing to say."

Kennedy turns to the school street. It's only 8 in the morning but the school ground is bustling like it always does on Foundation day. Kennedy and I part when we get to the building. I had to go to the gym, Kennedy needed to go to the fashion society's headquarters. Sure, Jane was already there along with Stephen. Dominic is prancing around the gym too, fixing up the runway and doing last minute set ups. There's now a giant canopy covering the runway, and a giant screen at the beginning of it.  I've just gone in when Jane yanks me to Dominic.

"Can you do a run through of the video? There's a problem with the photo booth I need to sort out." She hands me a usb stick, "Dominic is waiting."

I sigh and walk up backstage of the runway. Dominic is there and he beams when he sees me. "Hey! Is that it?" I nod, handing him the USB stick. "Let's have a look!"

I plug the USB stick into the drive. The screen projects what's happening on the computer screen, basically a giant mess of folders. I find Jane's file really easily and hit play.