-One-

Bay laid on the couch for the rest of the day. She was exhausted and not feeling good, but she felt incredibly lazy. Her siblings were at school all day, and she was just sleeping all day.

"She has a fever, and her throat is killing her." Elliot sighed, as he stood in the kitchen with Kathy.

"It's because she was in the cold rain for a while." Kathy sighed, as she turned around and looked out into the living room. She saw Elliot's daughter but knew she'd never think of Bay as her daughter also.

"We haven't really had a chance to discuss this all..." Elliot trailed off, as he set the kettle on the stove again. Bay has only been drinking tea since she got back, and he wanted to make sure she got plenty of fluids until she can fight off whatever she has.

"El, she's a good kid. She's overwhelmed and all, but I just don't know. Maybe she'd be better off in a foster home." Kathy sighed, as she turned back around to look at her husband.

"She's been in the foster system since she was born, this is her first chance at a real life. A real home."

"Our kids are suffering, Elliot. They are forced into having a sibling that they don't want. That is going to just make them get picked on and hurt. Think of our children, Elliot."

"I am! I'm thinking about our children and my daughter!" He yelled, before hearing the sound of Bay rolling over on the couch. He swallowed hard before frowning.

"You are willing to throw our whole life away for her?" 

"I'm not doing anything, Kath. Everyone has to get used to her, even you. You said that she could live here, and she's going to. And we need to find her a bed because she isn't sleeping on that couch until she graduates."

"Who says she even knows how to read and write? What grade can she possibly be in? She's not that smart, I'm assuming."

"Fuck off." Elliot spat, as the tea kettle started to hiss. He turned and grabbed it, before pouring the water into a cup.

"El-"

"Don't even."

[=]

Bay pretended to sleep as she listened to Elliot and Kathy fight about her. Clearly, her step-mother, or whatever she wanted to think of her as, didn't like her at all. She seemed to care about her yesterday, but Kathy is just a bitch now.

"Bay?" Her father breathed, as he gently touched her arm. She jumped a bit to make it seem like she had been sleeping, and then she looked up at him and yawned.

"Thanks for the tea." She whispered, and he nodded.

"Of course. Here is some medicine for a sore throat, aches, stuffiness, and fever. If you don't feel better tomorrow, I'll take you in." Elliot spoke, as she sat up and grabbed the mug from him.

She sipped it for a bit, before hearing the school bus stop outside of the house. Bay didn't know why Maureen didn't drive yet, but then again she's 15 and isn't where she should be in school.

"Were they happy when I left?" Bay questioned, and Elliot frowned.

"Just finish the tea. We are all going to talk soon."

When the blonde Stabler children walked into their house, they all moaned in disgust when they saw their 'sister'.

"Daddy, why do you want her here?" Eli asked, as soon as he shed his jacket.

"Excuse me?" Elliot asked, and Kathy sighed as she left the kitchen.

"There is a snack in there for all of you. Go eat and do your homework."

"No, I think-" Elliot started, but Kathy spoke over him loudly and obnoxiously.

"Go eat and do your homework in the kitchen!"

[=]

The whole night, Bay sat in the corner of the living room attempting to read a book her father gave her. She was bored and didn't have anything to do, so she wanted to read. The Stabler kids just ignored her, and Eli would toss his toys at her, pretending that she was his toybox.

But she thought about everything she said to Olivia, and what Eric told her. Even if she wasn't wanted here by 6 out of the 7 Stablers, she needed this home. Either this or a group home. And as she said before, she'd end up being a prostitute like her mother if she didn't make it in this house.

"Dinner is ready!" Elliot yelled as he came out of the kitchen. He looked at Bay, and she avoided his eyes. 

"Bay?" He asked, and she looked up at him.

"Yeah?"

"Come join us for dinner." He smiled gently. She bit her lip and nodded, before standing.

She followed him into the kitchen, as her siblings started to flow into the kitchen. They all took their spots, and Kathy sat down in her spot, so she was just standing there. 

"You can take my spot," Elliot spoke kindly, but Bay shook her head.

"Can I eat after? Maybe give you all some privacy?" Bay asked, and his expression changed to confusion, and Bay sighed.

"Like, talk about me... and what is happening." Bay breathed, and Elliot frowned.

"I'll try and save you some food."

[=]

While Bay went outside and sat with a blanket wrapped tightly around her body, Elliot and his family ate dinner. His kids were laughing and talking, but he wishes that all of his kids could do this.

"Okay, we need to talk about Bay," Elliot spoke, and his kids quieted down.

"Dad, I know she's your kid and all, but I just don't think she should stay here," Maureen spoke, which surprised her father. She was always the nice one, but now she just seemed completely different. Olivia had told Elliot to try and get Maureen and Lizzie to befriend their sister, but it didn't seem like either of them would like her at all.

"Can't you just try and give her a chance? Try and get to know here?" Elliot asked, but Dickie laughed and Elliot felt anger growing inside of him.

"I'm sure she's gotten to know a lot of people. Her legs were probably never closed." He smirked, and Kathy didn't even do anything.

"Dickie, I told you not to talk about her like that." Elliot spat, and Dickie shrugged.

"Dad, she's just gonna cause more issues. Why keep her? I'm sure someone, probably a pimp, would adopt her."

"You know what, until you can all talk nicely about her, you are all grounded. And Eli, that means you too."

Elliot was ready to take control of this situation. His kids were going to get along because if they don't, he will have to make a choice and he didn't want to have to do that.

Hey guys! Do you like this?! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! Thanks! :D