Am I being fair?

" I am sorry love....sorry to do this to you" parth said caressing her hair. She leaned and kissed his heart and said " what's bothering you parth?" . Parth was shocked listening to her as how she knew him so well. Yes he was bothered by something. He was not able to understand which way to go , what to choose but hiding it from her was now useless. He kissed her forehead and said " I got a call from Balaji telefilms...."

"What?.." Niti yelled in shock. "Just repeat what you said?". He looked in to her eyes and said " I got a call from Balaji telefilms and Ekta Kapoor has selected me for the role of Anurag Basu for kasauti zindagi Kay reboot..." Niti was shocked, happy , confused "but how? When did you give the audition?". Parth explained her " there was no audition. She selected me directly without any audition" .Niti was so happy , so proud of him but she was confused why was he worried about the taking the role "Parth, but why are you worried what is troubling you?" Parth looked at her " I am confused...."

Niti understood his inner turmoil. She clutched his hand and asked " did you talk to mom?". Parth looked at her and nodded in a no. She smiled and took his cell phone and gave it to him only after dialling his moms number. The phone was ringing at the other side and his heart beat rose with every ring. Finally his mom picked up the call "Hello ...Parth Kaise ho beta?" Parth was relaxed after listening to his moms voice " maa I am fine Wahan par sab Kaise hai?" His mom could make out from his voice that he was troubled but she decided to enquire later and Replied "sab thik hai....kya hua beta? Kuch Kehna hai?

Niti coaxed him to speak further and he started telling his mom "Maa, mein confused hoo...kuch samajh nahi aa Raha?" His mom knew that something was bothering him "tell me Baccha I am all ears...." Parth took a deep breath "Maa, I got a call from Balaji telefilms. They have finalised me for the role of Anurag Basu for kasauti zindagi Kay" he finished the sentence in one go but was confused listening no comments from his mothers side " hello! Maa, you there....hello?" After few seconds he heard his mother scream on the phone "kya baat kar Raha ....Sachi mein you got this role. Wow it was my favourite show then and now it's returning back. Kab aa Raha hai? What time? I will keep that time slot free. Tell me ..." Niti and Parth both giggled on her reaction. Niti shown a thumps sign to him and Parth replied to his mom " Maa, relax abhi toh meine haa bhi nahi kaha hai" Parth's mom again screamed " what abhi tak haa nahi bolo. Pagal ladke.....jaldi se haa Bol Itna iconic role koi Chorta hai kya? Don't worry just say yes"

Parth was relaxed listening to his mom. He hung up the phone assuring her that he will be a part of the show. Niti meanwhile had gone to order something for them. She found Parth lost somewhere in his thoughts. She tapped his shoulder to bring him out of his thoughts " Parth, what are you still thinking? You saw your moms reaction naah...then what happened?" Parth took her hand in his and made her sit beside him " Niti, it's not that easy. You know I have always committed my fans that I will return with the movies and will not be focusing on television anymore. Accepting this role will bring a lot of negativity around. Am I being fair to my fans" Niti was overwhelmed on his selfless nature. He was still thinking about his fans.

Niti understood his point but now she had to make him understand "Parth, your fans stood by you when you were alleged for things that are not approved by the society. They go all crazy when anyone points at you. They bash them to a level that they themselves back out. Fan power is so great we have learnt from your fans. They made us come together when he had lost the hope of coming together. And dear...you have your life too. You have to grab this opportunity...you promised your fans to make a come back in the movies but for that you need to mark your presence in each house , each heart and this opportunity will bring you this. So, my love don't think so much. Just go ahead for this role"

Parth was lost in her eyes listening to each and every word she said.  She patted his shoulder to bring him out of his trance "Parth, what it is with you today you are zoning out?" Parth just shook his head and looking at her he said  " Niti, I am afraid....I am really afraid what if things don't go the way they should. Will not my fans judge me or bash me? And what about you? They will not spare you too. I will be away from you, I will get busy. what if you drift away from me? Niti, if again people betray me what will I do? I can't go through these emotions again. I don't know what should I do?"

Niti just hugged him tight seeing his desperation "oho...hold on Mr. samthaan you are thinking too much. This time you are going to rule. And listen come what may no one can take me away from you no one can make us apart okay...just go ahead grab it . Please for me.." Parth could not deny such a cute request. His family was happy, his love was happy and above all he was now confident that he would go through this.

Parth and Niti were strolling hand in hand on the beach enjoying the sun set. Some people saw them and approached towards them. They looked like reporters, when they came more nearer they could see the cameras and mics. He held her hand and tried to run away but they surrounded them from all sides. All of a sudden the place was filled cameras flash lights and he could not even open his eyes properly. The reporters were asking him questions and he was trying to avoid them. They some how ran from there but when he thought he had reached a safe place. People started surrounding him for autographs there were hundreds of people coming towards him and Niti's hand slipped away from his hold. He started yelling her name "Niti....Niti....where are you ?"

He was shivering taking her name and he could listen some muffled voice calling his name "Parth...Parth...please wake up. Love please I am here only" he jerked open his eyes to see Niti sleeping besides him. "Phew....it was a dream" he muttered to himself and then pulled Niti in tight hug. Niti was confused on his behaviour "Parth, what happened love? Why were you taking my name? Did you see a nightmare?" He was just looking in to her eyes and without a warning he pulled her for a kiss to assure himself that she is with him.

He kissed her for few seconds but Niti pulled out of his hold. He groaned on loosing the touch but she had to enquire about his dream first. He explained each and every bit of the dream and shivered while telling her their separation. Niti was became so vulnerable listening to his words no matter how strong she is but the past always trolls them. She lied besides him caressing his hair and kissed his temple in between to make  him sleep. Parth closed his eyes and relaxed after sometime Niti got down from the bed and moved towards the balcony. She closed the door behind and as soon as she reached there she burst in to tears "what he saw was a dream but will turn in to reality tomorrow. Am I prepared for it? Will I be able to live without him. It took us four damn years to come back again, To come back together.all I want his vision to get accomplished but please God don't take him away from me please....Coz now a days I not only live him I breathe him too....."

Niti was kneeling down on her knees and crying her heart out when she felt a tug on her shoulder and before she could turn back she was being lifted in the air. Parth was cradling her in her arms and she put her hands around his neck for support "cheating....crying alone is a cheating..." Niti nodded and before Parth could say anything she pulled his neck and kept her lips on his to stop him from enquiring further.