Heart- Part 1

There wasn't a lot you didn't believe in. You knew a ton of monsters existed and you killed a shit tone of monsters in your days. The one monster who you didn't like at all were werewolves. Those dogs were nasty and one bite from them meant you got turned and there was nothing you could do about it.

"How is your ankle doing?" Dean asked.

"Dean, that was a week ago. It has healed by now." You said with a smile.

"I know, still," Dean said with a shrug. You giggled and couldn't help but think he was so damn adorable like that.

"You're so cute."

"Hey, I am not cute," Dean said as if cute was a disgusting word.

"To me, you are." You said with a smile, your mind wandering to the case you were currently on.

"I am not cute," Dean grumbled.

"This better not be a fucking werewolf." You said, helping Dean clean the guns that he was going to be using. The thing with guns, just like everything else, they needed to be taken care of and cleaned. You found it relaxing to do so, knowing what you were doing and also knowing you couldn't get it wrong.

"Why not? Those monsters are awesome. They're badass." Dean said, looking at you.

"One bite from them and you're basically dead. What if I was one?" You asked.

"Don't do that to me," Dean said, shaking his head.

"What if I was a monster? I mean, I may as well be. I'm a freak with now visions who can move shit with her mind." You said, blowing inside the barrel of the gun to make sure you got everything out.

"No, you're not a monster. You don't kill people. You can't be a hunter and be a monster at the same time."

"Then what is Gordon?" You asked, thinking of the horrible man who is still, hopefully, locked up.

"Don't remind me of him," Dean said with a shake of his head.

"You know, I think there are good monsters out there. Ones that remember what's it's like to be human and that know what is right and wrong." Your mind immediately went to the Trickster but you didn't know why. He was dead. But why didn't it feel like it?

"Yeah? Well, we haven't met any that wanted to just hang out with us."

"Yet." You said with a smile, grabbing another gun to clean. Dean chuckled and didn't say anything else for the rest of time it took Sam to come back from the morgue. This case you got wind of was screaming werewolf to Dean but you hoped it wasn't.

Sam was checking the morgue to see if the latest victim had his heart missing. Now, multiple monsters go for the heart but until Sam came back from the morgue and give you his opinion on the matter, then you wouldn't know for sure. You actually didn't have to wait long because Sam came through the door shortly after.

"So, is this lawyer guy the first heart-free corpse in town?" Dean asked, looking at Sam while he cleaned his guns.

"Actually, it's the first man. Over the past year, several women have gone missing. Dead bodies all washed up later in the bay, too deteriorated to draw firm conclusions." Sam said, sitting at the table.

"But no hearts?" You asked.

"No hearts. They were all hookers working Hunter's Point. Now, cops are trying to keep things under wrap, but they're looking for a serial killer."

"What about the lunar cycle?" You asked, scared of the answer.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah, month after month, all the murders happen in the week leading up to the full moon." Sam said with a sigh.