Playthings- Part 1

You didn't know Ava was so important to Sam. You didn't know that she was one of the kids the yellow-eyed demon wanted for his "war". However, the one thing you did know was that whatever this war was about, you would make sure that it wouldn't happen.

Too many people have died at the hands of a demon and you hoped that no one else would have to too. But Sam was hell-bent on finding this missing girl, wondering where she was. Sam had both you and Dean find out anything about this girl.

The whole motel room was covered in maps with a shit ton of writing on them, hand written notes that you assumed were from Ava and the missing person's poster that Sam made sure was made.

"Sam, I hope we find this girl as much as you do but I don't think this is doing much help. All we know is some of the places she's been to and we already checked all of them. She isn't there. Whoever took her, took her some place off the maps. I'm sorry, Sam but we aren't any closer in finding out where she is." You said, going crazy over this.

"Y/N, we are going to find her. We have to find her. I put her into this mess and she may be in danger because of me." Sam said, a hard look on his face. He was on the phone with Ellen, because apparently, she and Ash had helped Sam find this woman in the first place. You sighed and looked at Dean for help but he shrugged.

"Sam, you did not put her into this mess. If she is like you, then she would have been sucked in on her own." You said with a sigh.

"Yeah, okay, thanks, Ellen." Sam said into the phone, ignoring you. He hung up with a sigh, raking his hand down his face.

"What did she say?" Dean asked.

"Oh, she's got nothing. Me, I've been checking every database I can think of: federal, state, and local. No one's heard anything about Ava, she just disappeared into thin air, you know?" Sam said with a sigh.

The coffee maker beeped, signaling that the coffee was ready to be consumed. You got up and walked over to the pot, pouring three cups, handing one to Dean and one to Sam before taking a sip of your own.

"What about you two? Anything?" Sam asked, looking between you and Sam.

"No, same as before. Sorry, man." Dean said, sipping his coffee.

"Sorry, Sam." You said.

"Actually, Ellen did have one thing. There is a hotel in Cornwall, Connecticut with two freak accidents in the past three weeks." Sam said, biting his nails. You got up and walked over to him, sitting next to him.

"Don't bite your nails." You said, pulling his hand from his mouth.

"Okay, so what does that have to do with Ava?" Dean asked.

"Well, it's a job. I mean, an old lady drowned in the bathtub and then a few days ago, this guy falls down a flight of stars with his head turned 180 degrees. It's not exactly normal but I told Ellen we'd think about checking it out." Sam said, looking at Dean.

"Really? You did?" Dean asked, a little surprised.

"Yeah, you seemed surprised," Sam said, confused.

"Well, you know, it's just not the patented Sam Winchester way, now is it?" Dean said with a knowing look.

"Alright, in what way is that?" Sam asked, in a bit of a challenging way.

"You know, I just figured after Ava there would be more angst and droopy music, staring out into the rain and, oh, my favorite, the "oh, I miss Ava so much" kind of thing," Dean said, mocking Sam, trying his best to imitate him by sulking and manipulating his voice.