Nightshifter- Part 3

You followed Dean down the hallway with a flashlight he gave to you in hand.

"So, what was that kiss all about? Not that I'm complaining." Dean asked, shining his light in the dark places.

"This redhead bitch was trying to get with you. I just had to make sure she knew where she was standing." You said, shrugging.

"What has gotten into you lately? You've never really been jealous before." Dean said, stopping as he looked at you.

"I don't know what it is. You're right, I don't usually get jealous but when it comes to you, I can't help myself. I know you're not a piece of property that I can own, but I get scared sometimes." You admitted, sighing.

"Why?" He asked quietly.

"There's always going to be someone better, Dean. I know you love me and I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me but I can't help but think..." You trailed off, sighing deeply. Dean raised your head and pressed his lips to yours, kissing you passionately. He pulled away too quickly and stared into your eyes.

"You're right. I do... I do love you, okay? Isn't that enough?" He asked.

"It is, you're right. It's just my mind messing with me. I love you." You said, pecking his lips. Dean smiled and continued to walk, keeping an ear out, listening for noises that shouldn't be there. You walked a bit further, coming into another hallway.

"Man, how many hallways does this bank have? It's like a fucking maze." You complained, walking behind Dean. Suddenly he stopped and shone his flashlight to the ceiling. You looked up to see one of the ceiling panels moved to the side, giving you only a peek of what was inside. But it was too dark to see.

You looked around the place and saw some maintenance shit left behind. You picked up a broom and handed it to Dean. He grabbed it and started poking at the panel until it gave way and whatever was in the ceiling fell to the ground.

You screamed softly and stared at the dead body of the man who touched your hand. The man who gave you that creepy, uncomfortable feeling. His throat was slit and you knew he was dead. That shapeshifter couldn't have his double running around.

"See, I knew that man was the monster." You said, looking at Dean.

"We have to get back to Sam, then." Dean took your hand and you two rushed back to the vault.

"I don't know why you left him in there with the monster in the first place." You said, waiting for Dean to open it.

"Now's not the time," Dean said, opening the vault and looked at Sam who came right over. Dean pulled him in and whispered something to him, most likely telling him who the shapeshifter was. You looked past Sam and locked eyes with the monster, glaring slightly at him. He looked scared but so did everyone else.

Dean pulled away from Sam and put you behind him slightly as if he were protecting you. Sam walked back into the vault and to the commotion.

"You know what, Ronald, he's right. We have to get this man outside. Come on, I've got you." Sam said, taking the guard from the shapeshifter.

"Yeah, let me help you." The monster said.

"I got him, it's cool. Thanks, though." Sam said. You knew you couldn't just kill that thing right here and then but boy, did you want to. Sam got the guard out of the vault and he looked very relieved he was going to get some help finally.

"Hey, can we talk to you?" Dean said to the shapeshifter. The man nodded and walked out of the vault.

"Yeah, man, you got the gun." The man surrendered, doing what he was told. You have to hand it to him, he was a good actor. When Dean got close enough, he attacked him, knocking Dean to the ground as he escaped. You rushed to Dean and helped him up, glaring at the direction the shapeshifter went in.