Tall Tales- Part 5

You and the brothers were dressed up like electricians and the janitor was happy to let you in and take another look around. You smiled as he locked the door, his eyes on you the whole time.

"Do I have something on my face? Is that why you keep staring at me?" You asked with a bittersweet smile.

"No, sorry, you just look familiar." He said, walking up the staircase.

"Right."

"Well, thanks for letting us in again." Sam said.

"It's okay. Sorry I'm dragging a little ass today, boys. Had quite the night last night. Lots of sex, if you catch my drift." The janitor said, winking at you. You looked at Dean and he grabbed your hand.

"Yeah, hard not to. Listen, we won't be long. We just need to check a couple offices up on three." Dean said, looking at Sam and giving him the signal. You three knew what you were doing.

"No problem."

"I, uh, forgot something in the truck. You know what? I'll catch up with you guys." Sam said, stopping on the stairs.

"Okay." Dean said, taking you with him and letting the janitor lead you.

"You know, you two make a cute couple." The janitor said, looking at yours and Dean's hands that were together.

"Thanks, I think so too." You said with a dry chuckle. You and Dean did your thing and soon you, Sam and Dean were out of the place, walking down the steps out of the building.

"Just because he reads the Weekly World News doesn't mean he's our guy. I mean, you read it, too." Sam said.

"Look, I already told you guys. I got a very weird feeling when he touched my hand. It's him." You said, frustrated that they never believed you.

"Look, I just think we need some hard proof. That's all and you getting a weird feeling isn't hard proof." Sam said, picking a fight with you.

"Okay, another thing Bobby mentioned was that these suckers have a metabolism like an insect, a real sweet tooth." Dean said, looking at his brother.

"Well, I didn't find any candy bars or sugar. Not even Equal." Sam said, looking at you and Dean.

"Eh, that's probably because you missed something." You said, putting on the show for the Trickster.

"I don't miss things." Sam said, glaring at you.

"Oh, right, because you're Mr. Perfect." Dean said, nodding his head.

"What? Are you really still pissed at me because of what the Trickster did?" Sam exclaimed.

"You been a tight ass long before that Trickster showed up." Dean said, looking at his brother. You could feel eyes on you but if you looked up, then your cover will be blown but you knew he was watching you.

"Look, just... stay here, keep an eye on the janitor. I'll go to his place to see if I can find any actual evidence before you go barging in and staking the man! Just wait till I get back, okay? Okay?" Sam kept asking Dean.

"Okay!" Dean exclaimed. Sam nodded and left, leaving you and Dean alone. You sighed and grabbed his hand, tugging him the other way which Dean complied. When you got out of earshot, you looked at Dean.

"Do you think it worked?" You asked.

"It better have. You better be right with this one." Dean said, slinging an arm around you.

"I'm always right, Dean." You said with a smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------