Bloodlust- Part 3

You groaned awake, moving your head to the side before opening your eyes. You frowned, seeing as something was on your head. You tried to say something but you were gagged. Oh no, what was going on. The sack was pulled off your head.

You looked around and your eyes landed on the cute bartender from earlier. He had fangs and you started struggling but it was no use; you weren't going anywhere. You cried out as he came closer, fangs baring to you and intending on biting you.

"Wait! Step back, Eli!" a woman came out from another room, glaring at the vampire. Eli pulled back with a glare but didn't hurt you. The woman walked over and pulled off your gag and you glared at her.

"My name's Lenore. I'm not going to hurt you. We just need to talk."

"Talk? Oh yeah, kidnap a girl, gag and bind her up and then have a fucking vampire try and eat you. Try again." You glared at her.

"He won't hurt you either. You have my word." Lenore sighed.

"Where is Sam? What did you do to my friend?" You looked around, not seeing Sam with you.

"Relax, he's in the car. We couldn't have him running to his brother, now could we? I'm serious, we need to talk."

"Yeah, I'm still not believing you. You're not my first vampire and certainly not my last."

"We're not like the others. We don't kill humans, and we don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time." Lenore tried to reason.

"What? Are you fucking with me?"

"Notice you're still alive." She sighed.

"Okay, uh, correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you be starving to death?"

"We've found other ways. Cattle blood." You looked from her to Eli and sighed.

"So you're responsible for all those cattle mutilations?"

"It's not ideal, in fact, it's disgusting. But it allows us to get by." Lenore said, crossing his arms.

"Okay, why?' You asked, looking back at Lenore.

"Survival. No deaths, no missing locals, no reason for people like you to come looking for people like us. We blend in. Our kind is practically extinct. Turns out we weren't quite as high up the food chain as we imagined." Lenore explained.

"Why are we explaining ourselves to this killer? We choke on cow's blood so that none of them suffer but then they go and kill Conrad and they get to celebrate?" Eli said, glaring at you.

"Eli! That's enough!" Lenore glared.

"First, that vampire was going to kill another Hunter. If you're so hell bent on eating cows, your friend wouldn't have almost decapitate another hunter. Second, I didn't kill anyone and neither has my friend. Don't get pissy with me." You rolled your eyes.

"Look, what's done is done. We're leaving this town tonight." Lenore said.

"Then why bring me here? Why are you even talking to me?" You asked.

"Believe me, I'd rather not. But I know your kind. Once you have the scent you'll keep tracking us. It doesn't matter where we go. Hunters will find us."

"So you don't want us following you?" You asked, fitting the pieces together.

"We have a right to live. We're not hurting anyone." You looked at her and then at Eli and your features have gone soft. You hunted evil things and they weren't evil. You believed you can be supernatural and still be good. They were good. You didn't feel threatened by them now.