Born Under a Bad Sign- Part 3

Sam walked ahead of Dean, looking around the place and you stopped Dean from following him. Before he could say anything, you put a finger to your lips to signal to him that he shouldn't make a sound. You looked around the place and picked up a piece of paper and a pen that was lying on the ground.

You walked over to a table and wrote down what you needed to say to him without letting Meg know you were writing this. You handed the note to Dean and bit your lip as he read it.

Don't listen to a word Sam says. That isn't Sam and that's all I can say.

Dean looked at you with wide eyes and you shook your head, biting your lip before walking away from Dean and in the room where Sam was. He looked at you as if he knew something you didn't but you tried to ignore him. Dean walked into the room, note gone from his hand.

"Where were you two?" Sam asked.

"Just looking around, why, is that a problem?" Dean asked, looking at his brother.

"No." Sam said, looking at Dean before making eye contact with you. You clenched your jaw and looked away from him quickly. Sam walked further into the house, walking into the backroom before spotting a body on the floor. You held your breath as you looked at it.

This is it, this is what Meg wanted you to see.

"Hit the lights." Dean said. Sam did as he was told and you gasped when you saw the body covered in blood. You watched as Dean knelt and turned the body over on its back. It was a middle-aged man with his throat slashed deeply. You gasped and covered your mouth looking at Sam to see him pretending to be horrified but you knew Meg was smirking the whole time.

"Dean, I did this," Sam said, horrified.

"We don't know that." Dean said, standing up. You knew what Meg wanted out of this. She was trying to get Dean to turn against his own brother so he would kill Sam. But that wouldn't happen as long as you were alive.

"What else do you need? I mean, how else do you explain the car, the knife, the blood..." Sam trailed off.

"I don't know, man, why don't you tell me!" Dean yelled, looking at his brother with wide eyes. Putting aside your warning, this was getting to Dean and everyone knew it. "Look, even if you did do this I'm sure you had a reason, you know; self-defense, uh, he was a bad son of a bitch, something!"

"He doesn't have any ID." You said, patting the body.

"I need your lock pick, Y/N," Sam said suddenly.

"What?" You said, glaring at Sam.

"You heard me, I need your lock pick." Sam asked again, holding his hand out. You took it out of your jacket and placed it in his hand, gasping as you got another vision from touching him. You didn't know why this was happening now, here. Flashes of Sam and Jo invaded your mind before they were ripped from you when Sam pulled his hand away. Why was that being showed to you? That hasn't happened or maybe it did and Jo was already in trouble.

"I have to make a call." You said, backing up and walking out of the room, getting your phone out and dialing.

"Hello?" Jo said on the other line. You sighed out of relief, glad to hear her voice.

"Jo, are you hurt?" You asked.

"No, why? What's going on?" She asked, sounding concerned.

"Nothing, I just had a bad feeling, I guess. This case we're on is kicking my ass and messing with my head." You said with a sigh, leaning against the wall.

"Yeah, I know that feeling. It gets lonely over here too." She said with a dry laugh.

"Where is here, by the way?" You asked.