The Fag Swag {32}

Start from the beginning

                “I can hear you!” Shaw whined.

                “Shut up,” Phil said flatly.

                “Hey, Phil. Ease up. He’s not after Nick,” Chandler said, lying down on the air mattress and pulling Shaw into his arms.

                “Stop,” I said quietly, taking Phil’s hand in mine. “I’ll take my shirt off if you stop being mean to Shaw.”

                Phil hesitated before sighing. “Take it off,” he grumbled.

                I grinned and pulled my shirt off. Phil pulled his off and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me. I rested my head on the pillow next to Phil’s head and smiled softly.

                “How’s your ankle?” Phil asked in concern.

                “It’s okay,” I lied. It was throbbing again.

                “Don’t like to me Nick,” Phil growled angrily. Oh my lanta. This boy and his mood swings.

                His face fell. “You promised,” he mumbled.

                “I’m sorry,” I said instantly, feeling awful. I had promised him I wouldn’t lie to him.

                “My ankle is throbbing. But it’ll be okay Phil. Really. I just don’t want you to worry about me. It’ll be sore for a few days and then it’ll be fine,” I said sincerely.

                “I wish I could make you feel better,” Phil said with a sad sigh.

                “Don’t worry about it,” I said, gently stroking his cheek.

                He smiled softly at me. “I love you Nick,” he said, kissing me.

                “I love you too Phil,” I said when I had pulled away from his lips.

                Phil wrapped his arms around me and I curled up against him comfortably. We fell asleep together.

                                                                                                ***

                “I FUCKING LOVE PANCAKES!” Shaw cried happily.

                “Shaw Courtney! Did you just use the naughty f-word?!” mom cried.

                “Psh, of course not Morgan. I said I ducking love pancakes,” Shaw said nervously as mom rolled up the newspaper she was reading.

                “One more bad word around my Nicky and I’ll tell your mother!” mom threatened.

                “OH GOD NO!” Shaw cried, his face paling. “SHE’LL RIP MY THROAT OUT!”

                I rolled my eyes and took another bite of the pancakes my mom had made us for breakfast. My mom had freaked out over my ankle, but my dad had managed to calm her down.

                We ate and hung out for a little before Chandler’s mom came and picked him and Shaw up. Phil and I watched movies together for a little before he sighed and got up.

                “I better head home. I’ll see you tomorrow Nick. I love you,” he said, kissing me.

                He left the house and I put an icepack on my ankle, deciding to watch Elfen Lied until it was time for dinner. I put it on and leaned back against the couch.

                After I had watched about three episodes, the phone rang and mom grabbed it. I stretched and cracked my back, hating that I couldn’t walk around on my ankle. The swelling had gone done though, so that was good.

                “Nick!” mom said, rushing out to me.

                “What?” I asked in confusion.

                “Dad,” she said urgently.

                “What? Was dad hurt?” I asked, my blood turning to ice water. My biggest fear was that my dad would get hurt, or worse, doing his job. There were some fucked up people in the world.

                “No! He was just at Phil’s house!” she said.

                My eyes widened and I sat up. “What? What happened? His mom?” I demanded.

                Mom shook her head wildly. “I don’t know Nicky! I don’t know what happened! All I know is that someone got arrested over there, and Phil was taken away in an ambulance.”