The Fag Swag {32}

“Nick?” dad’s voice called.

                “Dad!” I called back, relieved. My ankle was really starting to hurt.

                Dad carefully made his way down to me and Phil. He shone a flashlight on us and I winced at the sudden bright light.

                “Shaw said you hurt your ankle?” he asked. I could hear the concern in his voice.

                I nodded and dad frowned. “Well, I can carry you out of here and we can check it out at home,” he offered.

                “I can carry him,” Phil said quickly.

                Dad hesitated and nodded slowly. “Okay. But go very, very slow up that hill there. You don’t want to fall down and hurt yourselves. Let me know if you need me to carry Nick. I don’t mind carrying him, Phil.”

                Phil stood up with me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he slowly and carefully carried me bridal style up the hill. Dad stayed close by, steadying Phil if he slipped.

                We made it to the top and I blushed as Shaw and Chandler watched me in concern. Shaw bounced over to me and Phil with a deep frown.

                “Nick are you okay? Do you need Shaw to kiss it better?” he asked. Phil snarled at him.

                “Whoa. Nick, your boyfriend just growled at me. That kind of turned me on, but it kind of freaked me out,” Shaw said, raising his hands innocently.

                “Shaw, I’m fine. Phil, please don’t growl at my friends,” I said, rolling my eyes. Oh my lanta. I’m telling you. Crazy freaking people.

                Phil carried me out of the trail and got in my dad’s car with me in his lap. Shaw and Chandler climbed in the car as well.

                “You’re lucky Nick. Your mom’s at your grandmother’s house, otherwise she’d be freaking out over you,” dad said as he pulled into the driveway.

                We got out of the car and Phil carried me inside. He set me down on the couch gently and dad carefully took my shoe off and inspected my ankle.

                “Looks like it’s just twisted badly. We can take you to the hospital to get it checked out in the morning if the swelling doesn’t go down. Just stay off of it,” dad said, ruffling my hair.

                “So…since I ruined the date, do you guys want to stay the night?” I offered.

                “You didn’t ruin the date,” Shaw said, rolling his eyes. “And sure! We would love to stay over!”

                “Uh…I have to ask my mom and dad fir-”

                Shaw slapped a hand over Chandler’s mouth and glared at him. “We. Would. Love. To. Stay. Over,” he growled.

                “Phil, please stay over. Don’t leave me with Shaw,” I begged.

                Phil sat next to me and wrapped an arm around me, kissing me deeply. “Sure I’ll stay over,” he said, glaring at Shaw. Oh my lanta. Jealous boyfriend. Kind of hot, kind of scary.

                “Easy lover boy. I have a boyfriend. I don’t want your sloppy seconds. I have my own sloppy seconds!” Shaw said, wrapping an arm around Chandler.