6|| the final decision

// cowards only come
through when the hour's late
and everyone's asleep,
mind you \\

    •
    Winston sat next to Harper as they waited for the runners to come back. Frypan was nearby; he had already finished dinner, but they always waited for the runners. Harper sighed, eventually they would come back. It always seemed like forever when she was waiting for them to come back- she never knew if they would be safe.

"Hey, there they are..." Winston pointed to the duo coming around the corner. Minho in the lead, Newt shortly behind him. Harper ran over to them, grinning, "Hey boys..."
Leaving with Winston, she followed Newt and Minho to the Mess. Sitting down, she rested her elbow on the table, chin on her knuckles.
Newt was staring at her, frowning. She averted her eyes, avoiding his gaze. She poked at her food, staring at it expressionless. Gally sat down next to her, causing her to look up.
"Hello, Gally..." Harper straightened up, taking a drink from her cup. She sighed, setting her fork down, "I'm not hungry..." Standing up, Harper drained her water, then headed over to her hammock.

Gally watched her leave, raising her eyebrows.
He turned his attention to Newt and Minho,
"I assume you haven't told her?"
Winston stopped pushing food in his mouth and looked at him, "Told her what?"
Gally looked at the boy, his face stone,
"She's going to be a runner."
Winston looked between Newt and Minho in surprise, "But yesterday you said—"
Newt waved his hand, "I know... But we changed our minds." Minho looked at him,
"You mean you did..."
"Well that too."
Winston shook his head, "You'd better tell her!
She's been shucking mad at you two all day."

Newt sighed, "I know..."
Minho nodded, "I suppose we both should..."
"Should tell her, or should apologize?"
Winston raised his eyebrows.
"Well... Both."