69|| tired of running

// for you i'd bleed
myself dry \\

Newt groaned as he held Harper against him, wincing as his spine dug into a rock. Harper gasped, catching her breath as the pair fell. Minho was screaming, slamming Janson to the ground repeatedly. Harper's eyes widened, even in this moment she couldn't help but be impressed by his language... "Are you okay?" Newt looked her over, his hands never once leaving her, assuring himself she was still here. Harper nodded, jumping to her feet again. Gun shots had gone off again, Right Arm against WICKED as the Gladers and Group B freed each other.

Thomas had grabbed another gun, firing at whatever wore the WICKED logo. Harper had joined his side, out of breath from the adrenaline, "Why didn't you save yourself? You should have run." Thomas exhaled. He was clearly exhausted, "I'm tired of running." Thomas squeezed his sisters hand, forcing a tired smile. Harper returned it. Her head hurt and her ears were ringing, but if they didn't fight now, they would all die. Fight or die.

Another gun shot went off, as Minho was kicked to the ground. "THAT'S ENOUGH," Janson had raised his launcher, firing an electric shock right into Minho's back. The world had stopped moving, as Harper's heart dropped. Armed guards shoved the remaining captured subjects into the Berg as Janson grabbed Minho by the shirt collar. Newt held Harper tightly as realization hit him. Minho's head fell to the side limply, the unconscious Glader being dragged to the Berg. Their leader had fallen. The boy with no fear, who had gotten them through everything...

Harper ripped out of Newt's arms, "NO-" Newt felt tears already stinging his eyes, "HARPER. I can't lose you too-" his voice broke. The girl ignored him. She wasn't going to lose Minho. She could not lose Minho. Thomas was screaming for her- Newt had already collapsed on the ground. "Stop- Don't get any closer-" A gun fired, ripping through Harper's side. She cried out, but couldn't stop. Not Minho.
NOT HIM.
Harper collapsed on the ramp of the Berg, the doors starting to close as Thomas ran chase. More guns fired, leaving Thomas no choice but to stop. The door of the Berg had closed. Harper could hear Thomas and Newt , screaming, just before she lost consciousness completely.