76|| subject a8

/  look into my eyes;
it's where my demons hide \

          •
         Harper was gasping for air as she ran through the white hallways of WICKED.  The virus had already taken root in her brain, but she felt it squeezing her lungs as she ran on.  Harper fought against her brain, begging it to focusstay here.. Red lights flashed above her as several guards pursued, panicked and angry yells followed her.  The electric charge of a weapon only heightened her senses, forcing her to just keep going.  Two guards were on her suddenly, pinning her down and screaming.  They wore masks over their mouth, their bodies covered with gloves and long plastic sleeves.  Harper screamed and lashed out, managing to cause one guard to fall.  She grunted with effort, flipping her legs over her head so the guard was pinned under her. Her hands were tied behind her back, leaving very limited options.  Harper head-butted the man in the face, hard enough that he fell backwards, unconscious.  Harper groaned as a pain shot through her head on impact just as the first guard was back on her.  A sharp sting poked her neck, before all else turned black. 

~
   Her wrists were tied down to a hospital table. Bright white light leaked through her eyelids as she squinted faintly.  Restraints were over her ankles and her waist.  Panic bubbled inside her as she jerked in place.  Men and women in lab coats surrounded her, the closest one holding a long syringe.  Masks and suits still covered them- they were so confident plastic and masks could protect from something as violent as this disease.  "Lie still," a woman spoke to her softly, though it did nothing to ease her panic.  "This might help you..."  Test subject.  The words may as well have been written on her forehead.  "No.."  Harper's voice was far away, and still drowsy from the drug.  "I'm not-  I won't let you..."  Another needle was injected into her arm, causing her to hiss in anger and pain, trying to fight against the restraints so she could fight against him.  "He's going to help you..." 

The voices faded again, and so did she.

~
   Minho stood next to Teresa, his wrists in cuffs, watching her lay unconscious through the window, "If anything happens to her I will break your shuck neck."  Teresa ignored him, watching through the glass window, "Minho, you're immune.  Your blood could save her."  The once fearless, reckless leader just watched, speechless, his heart barely beating in his chest.  He had grown thin, pale- his hair messy and knotted.  He had stopped caring.  They said he could help her... 

    A nurse in blue scrubs gently inserted the needle into Harper's arm.  The girl seemed to be resting peacefully, but the heavy drugs could only do so much.  Minho's eyes ran down the blue and black veins on her body.  His chest tightened, heart sinking.  She had gotten so much worse...  She looked like a corpse.  Harper's eyes opened widely, snapping out of her unconscious state in a panic.  She started screaming, lashing out and flailing her limbs; completely hysterical.  "What's wrong with her!?-"  Minho looked at Teresa furiously.  But the girl only watched in horror, "I-"  Minho shoved Teresa to the ground, body slamming into her.  He didn't hesitate to run to her.  Doctors were scrambling around in a frenzy, one finally picking up the syringe Minho knew was lethal.  The boy screamed as he burst through the medical wing's doors.  He caused a big enough distraction from the screaming crank- just enough to tackle the doctor with the death dosage.  "YOU WONT HURT HER-"  He had blindly stood up, looking around the room furiously.  His wrist was throbbing, the pressure of his landing breaking his cuffs.  "Let...her go," he panted, shaking on his feet.  Harper had stopped screaming, as she lay on the bed, jerking back and forth, panting.  Minho rushed to her side, "Do something," he muttered it, too out of it to be able to make demands.  The doctors just watched, "THIS ISN'T A SHUCK TEST.  DO SOMETHING."  "Listen to him."  Jansen stood in the door way, "We need her."  Harper returned to a restful sleep state as another needle was injected. 

   Minho stared down at her, his eyes watery.  He couldn't lose her.  Not here...  Not like this...