79|| let me be gone

// time is of the essence,
don't like how we spend it
you just want perfection,
I need you to let me—

let me go,
let me go..
let me go. \\

          •

          Harper moaned, her head pounding.  She squeezed her eyes closed tightly, "Stop,"  There was a screaming inside her own head.  The room around her was dark, shadows danced around on the walls.  Harper rubbed her temples, "Stop.  Stop—"  Faces formed in front of her; her friend's..  "Newt?"  The faces vanished, her mind swirling.   "Stop-"  she wasn't sure who she was speaking to.  "Stop..."  She was dizzy, at some point she had stood up.  The door opened, the lights flipped on.  Harper jumped, realizing she was wearing a hospital gown.  Teresa stood in the doorway, staring at her anxiously, "Why are you out of bed?  Sit down, please."  Teresa wasn't asking.  Harper laughed, her body giving an involuntary shudder, "Talk to me like I'm your patient again.  I dare you—"  Her neck snapped sideways.  The shuck virus was already taking over.   "I want to see Minho."  Teresa ignored her again, "We're going to run some tests today.

Harper tried to keep her feet, but the room was spinning. "I want to see Minho." She crossed her arms, now resorting to the habits of a child, "Before I die." Teresa frowned, "I'm afraid that won't happen." She injected a needle into Harper's neck while Harper processed what was said. Harper hissed, reeling back onto her bed, "You shucking—" she glared at her, holding her neck, "I swear-" she gasped, feeling the drug burning under her skin, "When Minho gets out of here—" Harper hissed in pain as she fell back into the bed, "He will break your shucking neck-" Teresa smiled sadly, "I don't doubt that, Harper." Harper scoffed, "So you're willing to die while killing your friends!" Teresa hummed, "No one has died because of me." Harper gaped, "You- You-" She stammered, her blood boiling, "Like when you called WICKED on the Right Arm? And we lost half of the immunes? And Mary got shot?" Teresa ignored her, trying to get her strapped down to a bed. Harper fought her, even when sick, it wasn't difficult. "Just let me die. You may as well just let me die." Teresa shrugged, "You're who we're testing on, Harper. Like it or not, we need you." Harper shoved Teresa's arm, smirking as she heard a snap. Teresa cried out in pain, grabbing her arm.  Her eyes flashed angrily, grabbing the needle and stabbing it into Harper's neck.  Sedative.

     Harper was groggy, her surroundings blurred.  She had slammed Teresa against a wall and ran for the door.  Guards were screaming already.  Dropping what they were doing to pursue.  They were screaming for her to stop.  Words Harper couldn't make out...  She was stopped by an excruciating pain in her leg.  Harper screamed, falling onto her face on the hard ground.  Guards jumped on her, but she wasn't conscious long enough to feel the restraints.

Harper woke up to a steady beeping beside her. Her leg was twitching and she was instantly aware of the pain. Nausea swirled in her stomach, eventually coming up and onto the floor. It was black. A nurse reeled back, her eyes widening. Her twitching moved up to the rest of her body. Teresa yelled something, rushing over to a table. The doctors turned panicked as the monitor beside her spiked, flashing red. Someone swore. Several people gasped and a voice screamed above the chaos, "Do not lose her! If we lose her, we will lose any leverage-" Harper didn't hear the rest. The room went black and fuzzy. Voices blurred, eventually they were all lost. And finally, so was she...