Chapter 44

Taehyung POV

The sound of the door unlocked, makes my shot eyes wide open.

I don't know if it's the fear and trauma I've been hiding inside, or it's just my reflect of being cautious.

I shift my gaze on the door, seeing who's coming from it. I immediately sit back up when I recognize him.

What is he doing here?

He limp a little towards me as he stop on the side of my bed. I can tell that he's still in pain.

You suppose to get rest, Jungkook.

He throw back his hood slowly from his head, as his flat expression carve down his face. Seeing no reponse to him, I look to the side and sigh,

"If you have nothing to say, why bother coming into my room?" I ask, pretending that I don't care.

Aside from all of that, i'm not getting used by his presence beside me.

"I want to talk." he replied in a deep voice.

I bet you're gonna blame me for not protecting her.

I shrug my shoulders a little and lean back on my head again. He sit on a chair beside me, then he clear his throat,

"I came to apologize." he said.

I shift my gaze back to him, scanning his face.

What happen to him?

It's a rare moment to see him like this.

He smile a little towards me as I stare into his eyes, wondering. Black and cold as usual, but this time it's more suffocating with sadness.

He is holding in his pain.

That's the only question that I could think of.

I'm getting worried.

"Stop making things awkward, you don't need to apologize-"

"Because of me, you got hurt while you tried your best to protect her. But at the end, it's all in vain. I failed. She got hurt now too.." he cut my words off.

I sigh heavily as I saw his form inside. He seems really agitated, eventhough he actually get what he wants.
But when he said that, it makes me realize that all he ever wanted is her to be safe.

"But you got hurt too, and at the end you succeed to catch him." I said simply.

"There's no point to look at myself when i'm already broken." he mumbled.

"Seeing her and the people around her get hurt makes me losing my mind. I shouldn't choose this way. What should I do now?" He keeps mumbling, seems like he's talking to himself.

His voice is getting raspy and broke.

"I think..you really do a good job. I'm fine now, I din't feel hurt again and I'm still progressing to heal.
About her....i think she'll be fine as well." I said comforting him, eventhough I didn't know what happened to her yet.

I'm worried about her. I really am.

But this guy infront me makes me worried about him more...

He's muted in silence for a while, however he move his chair a little bit to the side.

I can sense him, feeling suddenly so anxious, then he start to press his lips together, making me think of his new and weird acts towards me right now.

"You okay?" I mumble.

"Taehyung."

I furrow my eyebrows when he call my name like that. He look at me again as his jaw is clenching, while sweats started to form on his forehead, little by little.