Chapter 16

play the song! :)

"I think no one can save me from drowning in this ocean of darkness and pain."
🌹🌹🌹

Jungkook POV

I climbed upstairs as i entered my room. Before i could throw my rage at her, i stopped when i saw her sleeping at my desk in this dark cold room, resting her head on her right hand while her other hug an elephant plushy.

My eyes soften at her.

She wears her Mickey Mouse pyjamas, with a glass of milk is located infront of her.

I pressed my lips together as i hold in my laugh.

Is she really a kid or what?

I didn't really know her. But she's one of those girls who wore a 5 year old pyjamas, almost every night.

I walked towards her slowly. Bowing a little, I try to have a look on her face.

Unrealized, i let out a small laugh, noticing the corner of her lips coated by the color white. I took a tissue and took a few strands of hair that covers her face, as i pat it into her lips slowly.
Then i stood up, staring at her while i muse.

Should i let her sleep on my bed? Should i woke her up?

I shook my head fastly as i began to have a thought of that. I sat on my bed as i insert my hands on the pocket of my jacket. I felt there's something in there.
When i pulled it out, a piece of paper is crumpled. Opening it slowly, my thoughts flew from this morning.

I started to read it again.

Flashback

I sat on the couch while i'm wondering where she is.
While i was sitting there, something familiar caught my eye.

I shifted my gaze on a black box that was placed quiet deep in the inserts of the couch.
I knitted my brows as i see that thing and pulled it out quickly.

Isn't that what Lisa gave to me?

I opened it and my eyes widened in shock. It was the same thing.

In the back of the gift, there was a soft pink paper that was placed next to it.
I opened that paper as i read it:

Dear Jeon Jungkook,

Happy Birthday!
I've been working hard lately to save my money for you. So i hope you like my gift!
Actually, i don't know what to write in this letter.

Firstly, i want to apologize for being such a burden to you.
I'm sorry for everything.
And i already promised you since the beginning to make it up for you.
I'll continue to work harder each day and tried to be the best "wife" i can be.

Try to live happily from now, eventhough it was hard since you still got me.
Ah, i'm actually running out of words. I'm not good in writing.
But clearly on your birthday, i'll pray and wish you the best and success.
And i wish you to be happy.

From,
Y/N.

-----------------------------------------

One week later, Day of Jisoo's birthday celebration.

Y/N POV

I look in the mirror as i smiled. Thank god Ha Dam lend me her dress. And it turns out pretty good on my body.