Chapter 39

3 weeks later...

Taehyung POV

These days i don't do much.

We are just doing our normal lives and getting closer each day. Being able to make her laugh and walk beside her is something i always want, and now i got the chance to do it.
But what bothers me is her sadness. Eventhough i'm with her, i can always read her eyes.

How each day she's getting down and hide her feelings from me.

Today she became completely quiet. She said she was tired and she just want to read books all day long.

I accompanied her, because I know I'll do anything to make her comfortable.

Maybe she just needs some time alone.

I glance the small window beside me and switch my sight, see her reading books. I smile and wave my hands towards her as she look at my way.

She smiles back as she make some ugly faces that made me laugh.

Continuing to do my works, i took a deep breathe as i stretched out my arms. Then i clicked on the exit logo as the picture popped out from my computer screen.

I closed my eyes slowly when i saw the picture and remembered something.
Something about him...

Flashback

"How's the plan? Have you bait him yet? "

"I'm doing it already. I've met up with the lawyer...and i hope his man's are watching me."

"Aren't this too risky? You'll be in danger, Taehyung. Soon, he will know you, your identity, and the relation between you and Jungkook. How will Jungkook react if he knows you?!"

"I told you, he won't know. You're the one who will back this up. And you expect me to be quiet and watch my brother is in danger?!"

"Just do your job. The point is....if he messed with him, he messed with me." i added.

End of flashback

The laughter, the moment we spend together, the tears we shed together,
How i always be there for him when he was little,
His warm smile that shown to me everyday...
Now it's faded.

He became another person.
A different one.
He doesn't remember me and...
He was cold as an ice and bitterness filled his eyes.
The past shaped him like this...
And now why these things are happening to him?

I don't care how you act right now or how you became a different person without me...
What i care is you.
You're my brother.
And i won't let you get hurt no more.
The past is enough, to hurt you..
So that's why,
You shouldn't remember me.
Because i'm one of your painful past.
I didn't succeed to protect you...

I let you get hurt.
And that will always be my biggest regret.

--------------------------------------------

Having of that thought, my mind recall all the memories again.
The cold air and snowflakes flashes through my mind as i heard screams inside of the house...

I still can remember it clearly. And as much as i want to get rid that out of my mind, i can't. It was terrifying.
I stood up from my chair as i feel sweats forming on my back. I stepped out of the room, trying to find her.

I smile and let out a breathe as i finally found peace in my heart. I become more calm when i see her, especially sleeping like that.

I walk towards her as I sit beside her. I take the open book that cover her face slowly, trying not to wake her up.