92: Motherly Love

"The kid called you 'lady', are you his stepmom?" Sangwoo asked.

We literally all call her lady. She's just that type of... lady... You thought to yourself.

"I guess the test'll be easier then." Sangwoo took her silence as a yes and pinned her down as he played with her hair. "Better for you, lady. Either you save a kid some other woman gave birth to... or you save yourself."

He let out a huge breath. If he hadn't just had sex, he might have gotten off from this. But regardless, it was exhilarating.

"If you live, you get to be with the man you love... and you can make other children and have a happy life."

So he's saying. He doesn't know I've already skewed the game. If she chooses to lie-- chooses to be selfish-- then she dies no matter what.

"Let's be honest." Sangwoo chuckled. "Stepkids are a nuisance, aren't they?"

"Ugh..." She groaned and began to cry as he held her cheeks between his hand. "Oi! Stepmom! Be honest! I'm right, aren't I?"

Always has to be right. You rolled your eyes, waiting for the good part.

 "Stop crying. That won't make me change my mind."

It won't? Last time I checked, you were really susceptible to it. You remembered. Are you going to take her and her brat in too? To your stalker bed and breakfast?

You let out one laugh and Sangwoo looked around, but not up. Quickly, you covered your mouth.

"Choose." He demanded.

"J-Just check if the boy is okay. Please..." She stuck to her beliefs, and you nodded in happiness. You liked this woman. Appreciated her.

"Ha! Hey, stepmom! Why're you pretending to be so devoted!? Are you even listening?!" Sangwoo pulled his mouth guard down to yell at her more clearly. "What a fucking joke! Now you're rally pissing me off!"

Yes. Please, get angry. You felt your body get warm.

"I'm not a very patient person, okay? This is your last chance. Choose." He pointed at her as she sobbed.

"I... I... even.. if I... survive.... I-I can't live... without my son..." She stuck to her beliefs and you reveled in the love you had for her. This was going to be an awesome death.

"But he's not your son~ " Sangwoo bit his lip in excitement.

"That boy... is everything to me. So just... kill me." She finally chose as she grabbed his jacket. "Promise me! Promise me you won't hurt him."

Sangwoo's face softened imperceptibly. He wouldn't do it. You knew he had fallen just a little bit in love with this mother. Plus, the kid was knocked out cold, so what was the point? There was no fun in killing someone who wouldn't get to experience their own death... and a kid at that... Not your style. Not Sangwoo's style.

"N-No!! Nooo! NO!!" She shrieked as he walked over to the boy. You wondered too, what he was doing. "Don't hurt him!! No! I'll kill you!"

Oh yes. You will kill him. You concealed another chuckle.

"Don't worry. I'm just covering his eyes... because he might wake up." He said softly.

Ah. Sweet of him. You thought.

"Ah... Thank God... Thank God..." She said outloud.

You should thank God. You get to die by Sangwoo's hands, have your son saved and not have to deal with the sinful world anymore. What more could you ask for?

AN: I think I can write one more chapter before I'm out of material again. I don't know how I found chapter 44 but I did and I'm shocked! But also thankful. And I'm thankful for all the great readers who vote and comment and love this story! Keep going!