46: Dongyu, The Bro

The table was silent for a moment before Ji Eun spoke.

"By the way, you're Yoon Bum right?" She asked. "So, how did you and Sangwoo meet?"

You wondered why she even bothered to acknowledge the pathetic thing.

"At... at the military." It spoke back, it's disgusting voice sending shivers down your spine, causing you to scowl.

"Really, at the military? With your figure I thought you would be exempted from service."

"Haha... unfortunately..."

"Look at your expression. I was joking... a joke!"

It looked even more pathetic, if that was possible. You laughed, causing Ji Eun to smile at you. And then the guy next to you, who sat between you and Bum spoke up.

"Hey, getting exempted from being too skinny is really hard. They'd probably fatten you up and force you to go. I'm telling you. I'm losing weight and probably have my kneecap broken so that I can exempted."

"R-r-r-r-really?" You asked, genuinely surprised someone would go to that level.

"You said that last time, are you really going to do it?" Sangwoo asked, picking up a dessert and popping it in his mouth.

"I think so. It'll probably be really easy to do."

"Hey, Dongyu, Let's measure your arm with Yoon Buum. See the difference between you and him." Sangwoo suggested.

What a stupid name... Dongyu... Nothing like Sangwoo... You thought to yourself.

"Oh my God!" Your hand flew to your mouth as someone took the Lord's name in vain. Sangwoo's eyes flew to yours briefly, as if to gauge your reaction and assure you that it wasn't him.

"Dongyu Kim, you crazy bastard!"

"Dongyu, how much do you weight!? Your arm is three times bigger!"

"Dongyu, if you're like this... Let's lose some weight? haha!"

"Hey! You bitch! Haven't you heard about plenty to go around? What do you think Shy?" He nudged you.

"U-u-u-u-uh," You turned red as Sangwoo's eye bored into you. "I th-th-think you're f-f-f-f-fine"

"You know, Shy, his nickname is turtle."

"Crazy turtle. Hehe."

"So a skinny guy is a rabbit then?" Ji Eun added in. "That means Yoon Bum's like a thin rabbit. A cute, thin rabbit, haha."

Why does she want it in the conversation? You scowled.

"If anyone's a cute rabbit, it's Shy. Talk about jumpy!"

"And her nose is twitchy!"

You covered your nose as you gasped.

"I-I-I am not a rabbit!" You raised your voice.

"Squeaky like a rabbit when she's mad too, so adorable!" Dongyu threw an arm over you, in a manner that was nothing but friendly. But Sangwoo's knuckles were white with anger.

"Yeah, and you should see the way she hops along after you when you walk too fast. Precious." He added in. "And the buck teeth too!"

What a liar! Embarrassing me like that!

"O-O-Oppa! I-I-I remember y-y-your s-s-squeaky voice! G-Glad you can s-s-sing better now! I r-r-r-remember wh-when you were th-th-thinner than m-me! I th-th-th-thought you w-w-w-were a g-g-girl, but then y-y-y-you became s-s-such a n-n-nasty boy." You scrunched your nose at him.

"Oh, don't they all?" One of the girls added in.

"Seriously, men always get like that."

"Get like what?" Sangwoo asked, eyebrow cocked.