21: A Deal

"No! No I could never impose!" You quickly backed up the conversation. "I want to get to know you better! And I... Well, I prefer watching from afar."

He huffed and groaned.

"Christ, you're ridiculous. Could we just go out for dinner?" He asked.

"Um, I think I'll take a rain check on that too, would that be okay?" You asked sweetly, sending an apology prayer up for Sangwoo's discretion.

"Does it matter what I say?" He chuckled. "You won't meet me until you decide to."

"That's right!" You giggled back. "How about we make a bet?"

Instantly, Sangwoo looked at the ceiling again.

"What kind of bet, little girl?" He licked his lips as he raised his eyebrows.

"I'm a woman, not a little girl." You scolded him.

"Fine, fine, what kind of bet, Shy?"

"If you can figure out who I am by the end of the semester, then I'll go back to your house with you one time." Your eyes twinkled. There was no way he'd be able to do it, even with the hint you were about to give. "Hint: you and I do both attend the same university."

"Oh, girl, you are on. I can definitely figure it out." Sangwoo smiled wickedly as he stood up and began to undress. "Alright, well unless you're sticking around for the show, I'm going to get ready for work."

"No." Yes I am.  "Enjoy."

And you flipped off the microphone.

And then you watched intently as Sangwoo stripped off his grey hoodie, black tee-shirt and jeans, only to replace them with clothes befitting a host. A white, button-up shirt and black slacks. And with a quick re-gelling of his hair, he was ready to go.

As much as you were sad that he was leaving, it gave you the opportunity to continue to study for exams. You hadn't actually studied very much and now you were worried. But talking to Sangwoo took precedent. It would always take precedent.

Sangwoo on the other hand, was pretty happy to talk to his favorite stalker. His mind was awash with all the ways he was going to kill you when he found you. It couldn't be that hard, especially now that you had given away that you and him attended the same university.

I'll start by asking around. He noted to himself. All my friends, asking if they know someone who goes by the name Shy or who is shy enough to go by that name. Although I'm sure she doesn't naturally go by that, maybe I can get some leads. Oh, fuck, I'm getting hard just thinking about slicing her body to ribbon. How can she tease me like that?

He shivered as he drove to work.

"You haven't bugged my car, have you Shy?" He wondered outloud. You hadn't and therefore didn't respond. "Mm. Would've been too good that way, I guess. She's not a Siri, anyway."

But you wished you were. Your pupils were practically heart-shaped the rest of the day. Talking to Sangwoo was a blessing from God, and you wouldn't let a little thing like the threat of being murderer stop you from getting what you deserved.