75: Don't Do It

"H-H-Hi... U-Um, I w-was c-calling b-because y-your n-neph-phew was h-h-harrassing me a-and m-my f-f-f-fian-fiancé. H-He's at our h-house right n-now. C-Could you c-c-come t-talk to him?... Th-Thank you." You provided Sangwoo's address and quickly hung up the phone. 

Despite the huge anxiety that came with talking to a complete stranger on the phone, you hoped that this ploy might throw some sense into the worthless piece of shit that was invading your home-life. Or at least scare him until Sangwoo was able to come home and you were able to marry him.

And you watched in delight and enjoyment as the uncle of Yoon Bum came over to harass and try to assault the awful creature that was ruining your life. You laughed each time he shoved it down and said such disgusting words to it. A smile crept over your face when you thought it might be the end of it. But a scowl settled on your face when the dumb thing eventually fought back and the coward of a man simply left.

At this point however, you were exhausted and Sangwoo still wasn't back. You didn't have the energy to do anything else but stay up and wait for him to come back home. 

Each hour ticked by. It became tomorrow. It became morning. Noon. Afternoon. And Sangwoo still wasn't in sight. 

Eventually a police officer came up to the door and requested that the oxygen-sucker come back to the station for some reason. You could barely hear at this point; exhaustion had really set in. What kind of spring break was this?

I can't just keep sitting here. You thought to yourself. I'm going to just walk to Sangwoo's house and wait there. At least if I fall asleep there, he'll wake me up when he comes home.

And so slowly, but surely, you got yourself dressed in a cute dress; one you knew Sangwoo would love. You did your hair in a style you hadn't done before. It had to be special today. Skipping the make-up, you grabbed a quick bite to eat before heading out the door. 

The walk only took about forty-five minutes, even dragging your feet.

Eventually you arrived with your impeccable, almost fictional timing. 

"Sangwoo." You called out quickly just as he was guiding the skinny thing through the archway of his house.

His bloody, beaten face, with dark bags under his eyes met your own, bag-ridden face.

He addressed you by name tiredly. He wasn't in the mood if you were here to berate him in any way.

"I'm happy to see you back." You nodded as you rubbed your eyes. "I wasn't really worried, but I missed you."

Sangwoo sighed and figured now was as good as a time as ever. Especially since you appeared so docile and sleepy.

"We can't get married right now." He pushed Yoon Bum forward, wanting to get him away from you. "Bum is my boyfriend right now."

"You're fucking kidding me right now." You looked up at him, deadpanning.

"Don't do it. You can still come over to the house. We just can't go out in public or get married right now." Sangwoo rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Don't. Do. It."

You took a deep breath. You were going to do it.