Reflection

When Izuku opened his eyes, he didn't recognize the ceiling that he was looking up at. All his life, he'd been seeing the same pale greyish colour whenever he woke up and tried to get himself ready to start the new day. He recognized all the patterns where the paint had been slightly thicker when it dried, and to the small cracks that had accumulated over time. And he recognized his lampshade, a lime green colour that covered the bulb that gave his room light. It was just something that he was accustomed to.

The past few days, he'd grown used to waking up to see pure white, segmented by grey, square-shaped supports for a ceiling. He'd had a few days to adjust to that change in the hospital. Somehow that had been easier. A hospital, after all, was a temporary place. People generally didn't stay in a hospital for too long, so it was easier to get used to.

Now, the wall was pure white. No grey hue that Izuku would be able to differentiate. No support patterns that identified it as a hospital room. No cracks, or patterns of dried up paint. It actually took him a while to remember where he was, and what room he was in.

His room. At the Yuuei dorms.

Once he realized this, the memories of the last few days quickly remade their way into the green-haired boys dazed and sleepy head. He was still exhausted, though after the last few days, certainly no one could blame him. It had been a hectic return, and an even more hectic few weeks. Far too much for one person to process all in one go.

Even now, he wasn't sure that he'd processed everything. Part of him was half convinced that it was a half-clear fuzzy dream of some sort. But he knew that it was all true but hadn't processed it all fully yet. He didn't know.

In truth, he hadn't had the best sleep in the world.

But he had gotten some good rest, so he was kind of hovering in between the realms of the waking and the resting worlds. Tired, yet rested simultaneously. It felt like it was early in the morning though, and when he glanced upwards from his position of laying in his bed, he could see the wall behind him. It still looked like it was dark out.

Lazily, he tilted his head to the side, to find out what time it was. As his eyes drifted, he saw bits and pieces of the décor his new room held. Posters and action figures and the likes. Hero stuff. The normal stuff that one would expect to find in his room.

The one thing that wasn't usually to be found in a room like his – Although, given the last few months, one could say it had become a normal part of his room, and it certainly wasn't an addition he opposed – Was Mina.

Laying right next to him, her arm wrapped around his waist, and her head buried into his chest.

A faint blush came across his cheeks, and his blurry mind finally snapped back into focus, and he remembered the events of the day.

He remembered seeing his mother and Mina's family driving off, and the pair of them making their way towards the dorm building. He remembered seeing someone by the window, and he remembered opening the doors to the goliath of a building.

And he remembered the absolute swarm that rushed out of it.

Izuku couldn't help but let out the smallest of chuckles when he remembered everything. All his classmates, his friends, all bolting towards him and Mina, showering them with hugs and words of relief to see them, praise and questions as to their well-being. It was like they were a group of excitable children whom hadn't seen the pair of them for months.

He remembered Kirishima throwing an arm around his neck and cheering something about him being the manliest guy he'd ever met. He remembered Sato trying to force some sort of confectionery he claimed to have made to celebrate their return down his throat. He remembered receiving hugs from Uraraka and what he could have sworn was a friendly smile from Todoroki.