Is Something Wrong?

Sunday came around far too quickly for Izuku's liking. The tests to go on the trip started on Monday, and he didn't feel like he'd been able to cover as much as he would have liked to in regards to both his studying and his physical fitness. He'd been training all week constantly, like it was the only thing keeping him sane in the build up to the examinations, but he still felt like he was lacking a lot of the know-how and skills he was going to need to succeed. When the day came around, he would face it head on, confident with what he had at the time, but he would still fret until that point, that he was still on the verge of failure. That had been what had kept him going for over a decade of being Quirkless, fighting until the bitter end and facing his challenges with whatever he had.

He couldn't be over prepared. That wasn't a possibility. No one could over prepare for an examination such as this. They'd need everything that they could possibly get to even have a chance at passing. Yuuei didn't mess around when it came to things like this. They were expected to put in as much work as any scholar. Heroes had too large a role in society to allow for the next generation to work at anything less than the absolute best of their abilities just wasn't something that they could afford to do. They had to be the best that they could be, both in the mind, and in the body.

Izuku had gone out of his way to study material that he struggled with. The Hero course stuff he didn't struggle with much as all. Certain elements of it he didn't quite understand, but it was by far and away his strongest subject on the course, as one would hopefully expect from any given Hero course member.

He struggled with some of the elements of the core subjects too. He was good at both Maths and English, understanding them very well, but he went over them again, to try and improve on his weaknesses. With his left hand, his weaker one, he held a grip booster, which he kept periodically using to help maintain the muscles he had in that particular arm. Doing so would help cut down the time he would need to spend training his body, which could help give him more time to study the bits of work he needed to in the textbooks.

His entire week had been filled of this sort of routine. It reminded him of his training with All Might, when he had been overworking himself to an unhealthy degree in the pursuit of his dream. Not that he regretted doing any of that in the slightest, but the parallels were there. Although now, he wasn't some skinny Quirkless runt of the litter anymore. He was one of Yuuei's students, and if he wanted to keep that privilege and not get thrown out by Aizawa-sensei or anyone else who didn't think he had a chance, he had to work harder than ever before.

He'd worked so hard to get into Yuuei. He couldn't allow himself to fail now.

It was only eleven when Izuku contemplated this, and he'd been diligently at work for the last two hours, three if a morning walk counted, during which he compiled a list of all the information he needed to learn and what tasks he needed to do once he got home in his head. He'd kept himself focused, allowing himself short breaks from either physical training or studying to relax for a few moments so he didn't overwhelm himself before he got right back into it.

"The Ethical use of Quirks came into practice after the initial development of Quirks, just after society had adjusted to the change and what Quirks exactly were. Hero as a profession didn't start being publicly acknowledged until the third generation, but the government of Japan outlined several laws of appropriate Quirk usage before this, one that was agreed and adopted by many other countries around the globe." He quietly muttered aloud as he read up on some of the history knowledge that he was expected to know. "The public use of Quirks were totally forbidden, except for situations of self-defence, or the defence of others, exceptions were made for Mutant types. In the interest of equality, discrimination again Mutant types, who were typically the most targeted group of Quirk users by anti-Quirk sentiment, were protected by law."

Awkward Energy - MinaDekuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें