Conflict

"Raaaaaaaaarh!"

Aizawa-sensei had been right when he'd said that extending ones Quirk was absolute hell. All of them had been through intense exercise before, with training and gym classes pushing them to the limits of their physical abilities. Izuku in particular knew the pain of a serious work out, as that had been his entire life for ten months before receiving his life changing power.

This though, this was in an entirely different level.

Quirks were just biological extensions of the body, no different to an arm or to a leg, natural as breathing, and could be improved like a muscle, given enough use and honing. Just like a person, if they kept running, would be able to continue running for longer and longer, for wider distances. The way to push one's self with a Quirk was simply to use it more and more.

The drawbacks to Quirk usage though, was quite different. Overusing a Quirk gave its user a serious drawback in most cases, and they were fundamentally limited in what they could do. While an arm could be trained for strength, show, or just vanity, Quirks were a lot more streamlined, and had less versatility when it came to extending the use of one.

Mina, for example, could generate Acid, and the only way to extend her Quirk was to keep generating that Acid, over and over again.

Only downside was, when she used her Quirk so much, she lost her own natural resistance to it, meaning she could feel the effects of her power, on a more tolerable level, on herself.

And it freaking hurt.

"Ooooooow!" She hissed, secreting more and more of her corrosive liquid from her palms against the rocks in front of her. Her task was to erode as many of the rocks as she possibly could before they took a short break. At least fifty was her target, and she was to push beyond that fi she could. Failing to do so, according to Aizawa, would result in extra remedial lessons, on top of the ones that he was already giving her.

Did he even sleep at night? Mina had to wonder, if he even functioned like a regular human being at all. At this point, she wasn't sure if it was a well documented logical ruse or not, though she was certainly not even going to risk the possibility of doing more for even a slight second. So it was with her every single ounce of strength that she pushed herself well past her limits, and forced herself to keep her Quirk active for as long as absolutely possible. Despite how badly her skin stung, and how much pain she was in, she was refusing to back off for even a second.

Plus Ultra, after all.

Izuku wasn't letting the thrashing he was receiving from the transgender male Pussycat member Tiger - And that dude, as it turned out, could seriously throw a punch - Slow him down. While Izuku was certain to push his body to the limit, to mould his bestowed power into his own ability, the Hero he fought against was simply more experienced, and was easily putting him down time and time again. Determined to take on all the Strength Enhancement type Quirk users by himself, Tiger was both willing, and also very capable of doing so, keeping every single one of them at bay as he fought them off, evading them and countering each attack with his Pliabody Quirk.

Strength Enhancement types, Mina felt, did have some pretty cool powers. Simple yet versatile, they were pretty lucky in the number of things that they could do. Plus they were powerful, and often pretty flashy too. Still, as much as Mina did admire those who had those straightforward augmentation powers, she was very happy with her own Quirk. For all the issues that it did bring with it, she did like everything that he power let her do. She enjoyed how unique it was, and how, with training, her power would truly be a deadly power against Villains, and give her enough versatility to do what she wanted to.

So even though it hurt, she continued to pool as much Acid as she could within her palm. She wasn't able to generate a huge amount though. As she continued to use her Quirk, subsequent pools of the corrosive liquid became less and less effective and corrosive overall. It was because of this that she needed, according to Aizawa, to extend her Quirk.