Surrounded By the dead.

Start from the beginning

Negan's heavy breathing steadied as he regained his composure.
" Then what the hell can I do for you, Rick?"

Ricks icy blue eyes pierced into my soul, as he raised his finger into the air.
" Dwight! Your Simon! Your Gavin! Addison, and you are?" He pointed the woman beside me.

" Regina!"

" You six and the saviors inside can all survive this. Yall can all live if you surrender. I cant guarantee it any other time but now. Right now!" Rick spat.

I clenched my fists in anger at his ridiculous idea of us surrendering
Who does he think he is? How can he think a threat will make us bend?

" So we surrender and you and the rest of your little piss patrol don't kill them? That sounds like a good deal! What about me Rick? What about Addison?"

" I told you what would happen to you! Addison will come back with us. She will be safe with her people! Free to say the truth! That she wants to be free of you! You know what will happen when we capture you!"

Negan pulled me close, sending me crashing into his hard chest. " I do know what will happen here! You and your people will die! You have no idea the shit storm that's about to go down!
Let me ask you something, Rick. Do you have the numbers for this fight?" Negan asked mockingly.

"I happen to know you don't!  Simon brings our friend out here to join the party."

Gregory walks out pridefully up to Negans side. " What do you have to say to Rick and the piss patrol Gregory? Negan stated smugly, as he draped his arm over the old man's shoulder.

Gregory puffed his chest out like a peacock as he rested his hands on his hips. "The Hilltop stands with Negan and the saviors! Any resident of the hilltop that takes up arms or who supports this ultimatum against the sanctuary will no longer be welcomed in the colony. Your families will be thrown out on their asses! Go back now, or you won't have a home to come back too!" His irritating voice spoke.

" You heard the man! Go back to separating wheat and shit,  or whatever  the hell it is you people do!"

" Please, Rick! This only ends in death. Just go back before anyone dies." I pleaded, hoping they would just leave.

" Doesn't look like anyone wants to leave!" Maggie yelled at us, anger laced in her voice.

" The hilltop stands, with."

" The hilltop stands with Maggie!"

My heart sank, knowing this would end badly. I wish Rick would just leave and let us live our lives.

" Rick cant you just leave? If we agree to never bother you again?"

" No! It will only end with Negan's death! You only have one shot for this to end! You lieutenants need to make up your minds! This needs to happen now!  Are you going to make me count? Fine! 10,9,8,7,"

The thunderous sound of bullets flying instantly set fear in my heart. I clung to Negans side, not wishing to lose sight of him.

"We need to get out of here!" I yelled desperately.  Shards of glass came crashing down from above us, sending me and Negan to run for cover. We ran down the yellow steps then into the courtyard, desperate for shelter.

My eyes glanced frantically around us, trying to find a place to hide. A small trailer was sitting not far from us, offering us a temporary hiding spot.

"Let's go over there! We can wait out the bullets inside it."

Negans face twisted in disgust.
" That's a dingy trailer my men use for fucking their girls on breaks. "

I rolled my eyes, as the gurgling sound of the dead sent terror into my heart.
" The walkers are coming! We need to move fast!"

"Fine!" Negan growled.

We ran across the yard, as bombs exploded near our fence. Ricks fierce gaze caught mine, as we ran for our lives. His finger pressed the trigger of his gun,  as his scope focused on Negans back.

My eyes pleaded for him to not shoot, as Negan and I ran behind a dumpster. Rick peppered the metal with bullet holes, eager to end the life of his enemy.

" We need to move from here! He will kill us!"

" No, he will kill me! He won't hurt you! If he does kill me, then please promise me you won't forget me." Negan spoke softly.

I knew then how to save his life.

" Come for me!" I whispered before kissing him on the lips. His eyes held confusion, as I walked out, holding my hands in the air.

" Stop! Please! I am coming out! I will come back with you if you let him go!"
My eyes filled with tears, as my feet dragged against the concrete.

Ricks' eyes soften, as he ceased firing his gun. I walked slowly, and carefully trying to avoid the dead that littered the ground.

Negan ran from behind the dumpster trying to stop me from leaving. " You cant go!" He yelled, shattering my heart.

" I love you!" I yelled, the heartfelt words slipping from my lips easily.

Rick pulled me to him and helped me into a car. The sanctuary yard filled with walkers as we drove away, filling me with dread. Negan ran towards me, eager to keep me by his side, but a wall of the dead separated us. Leaving him no choice but to seek refuge in the trailer.

I let out a sigh of relief knowing he was okay, for now at least. Ricks firm voice broke me out of my trance.

" Trent isn't dead. "

A loud gasp escaped my lips at this startling news. " What did you say?"

" Trent isn't dead. He is still alive. He loves you, Addison. He will be so glad to have you back home."