C1 Superpowers

Chu Li was rowing his boat on the lake. The wind gently caressed his face, leaving him quite refreshed.

The province of Yi was an archipelago with exactly ninety-nine islands. Chu Li was headed to the hall of martial arts roughly 18 miles from the East Garden.

Chu Li was a well-built and a relatively lean man, dressed in a green gown that fluttered around along with the wind. His looks were average, but he was smart and full of bravery. While standing on his boat, he gazed upon the surface of the pond as if he was deep in thought.

Nineteen years, two months, and three days! It had been nineteen years, two months, and three bloody days!

Chu Li was a credited researcher of particle physics, an honor student with a bright future, and probably the next big scientist! However, a tiny little mistake he made during an experiment caused an explosion that cost his life. He came to this world after reincarnating, and has since been living a new life!

"Bam! Bam!" A muffled bang distracted him from his thoughts. He directed his attention towards a shining golden carp bouncing on his boat.

He shook his head, bent his body down to pick the carp up in order to throw it back into the lake.

As he rose to stand again, a tall building entered his view.

A tall building had a height of over a hundred meters, it glimmered in a bronze radiance. The building was thick and heavy, symbolizing its might and authority.

The bronze building was the Hall of Martial Arts!

The front of the Hall of Martial Arts was a wide training field covered in red mud, with hundreds of people training on the field. It could be seen that they were engaging each other with swords and fists, fighting and learning from one another.The place looked very lively.

Chu Li disembarked from his little boat and stepped up onto the training field. A few steps away, a good looking and beautiful young gentleman quite suddenly appeared in front of him, beaming with confidence.

Relatively tall of a man, a full head taller than Chu Li. He had his arms crossed as he looked at Chu Li from above, calling out his first name.

"Chu! What are you doing here!?"

Chu Li furrowed his brows.

"Out of the way, a good dog doesn't block the road!"

"Hah!" The young man chuckled.

"Are you here to train, by any chance?"

Chu Li smiled as he continued to walk towards his destination.

"Zhuo Fei Yang, do you believe that if I lied down on the floor and started screaming, you'd be basically doomed?"

Guards from the Public House were banned from having personal fights, as well as fights with other guards from the same Public House. The guards from the Public House were separated into two ranks, the Protector, and the Scribes. One worked for the military, and the other was for the more civil issues. They were especially warned to not have, or provoke, any personal fights. They would be demoted from their ranks if they were found to have done so or even be chased out of the province if the incident was particularly serious.

Chu Li was a Scribe without a rank, while Zhuo Fei Yang was an eighth-ranked Protector. It was considered taboo for a Protector to attack a Scribe. If Chu Li were to scream right then and there, Zhuo Fei Yang would be detained and punished.

Zhuo Fei Yang furrowed his brows,

"Fine! You are completely shameless, Chu!"

Chu Li continued to walk.