29: Sophia

The Royals are on the ship to Varac.

Song: I don't know. Comment if you think of one. I might take out putting songs for each chapter.

I closed my eyes and smiled, taking in a deep breath of the cold air. It had been a little over nineteen years since I had last been on sea. It was just before I married Patrick. My smile expanded to a grin at the memory. I opened my eyes and faced my short daughter. I blamed my father for her height. He had also been very short. I never knew my mother because she had died after giving birth to me, but my father was afraid that I was getting too tall for a woman.

"I was also on a boat like this one when I came from Greece to marry your father" I told her, and she smiled.

"Were you a duchess in Greece?" she asked me. I shook my head, and slightly blushed.

"I was a maid at a manor" I said.

Persephonie looked extremely surprised, just as I had expected her too. "And... Grandfather James was okay with this?" she asked.

My smile dropped a tad bit, and I shook my head. "Your father had come to Greece with a noble's daughter as his fiancé back home in Crotis. But when we saw each other..." I laughed. "We were at each other's throats."

"No way!" Persephonie exclaimed. I knew what she was thinking: Patrick and I almost never fought. How could there have ever been a time when we were at each other's throats? "Then how did you end up getting married?"

"I saw your father crying once" I said, dropping my voice. "Don't tell him I told you that." I waited for her to nod before continuing. "He was so angry when I saw him, but I comforted him. And after that... we fell so deep in love with each other, when King James said your father can't marry me, your father threatened to kill himself. So James really didn't have a choice now, did he?"

"No, he did not" Patrick said, from behind me. I turned to look him in his dark grey eyes, and smiled. He pressed his lips to mine, and tucked my hair behind my ear. When we pulled apart, Persephonie was gone.

"I still can't believe that you married me" I said.

"I can't believe our baby is going to get married soon" Patrick replied. "You raised her well. Of course, I didn't expect anything less from you."

"Venus was perhaps the easiest of the three to raise" I said, and placed my head in the curve between his neck and shoulder. "Of course, you won't be able to top my work with Janus."

Patrick chuckled and kissed the top of my head. I still don't know how I, of all people, went from being a poverty stricken maid, to being the queen of one the top kingdoms in the region. But I'm not complaining.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is short. But I'm tired. Anyway, just a little insight on Sophia's life. Vote and comment!!