Epilogue

Song: Perfectly Wrong by Shawn Mendes

The rain from the preceding night had cleared. Many a people were gathered in the church, excited to witness the marriage of Princess Persephonie and King Cedric. The rest of the kingdom, who had not been able to get into the church, were waiting outside, ready to congratulate the couple-to-be.

The sun shined brightly in a cloudless, spring sky. No one would have suspected the sorrow beating in the young bride's heart, or the hate, anger, and pain running through the veins of a certain commoner, because the crowd outside couldn't accept a slightly different love.

No one suspected, that when the bride took her oaths to stay by the young King's side through times of happiness and distress, she was picturing a commoner standing in the King's place.

While the birds tweeted outside the church, announcing the union of two kingdoms and two lives, the new Queen burst out in silent tears. When asked by her new husband why she was crying, everyone believed her words. "They're tears of joy," she said.

No one would know of the promise the new Queen made to herself. No one would know that the new Queen felt like the Greek Goddess Persephone being taken away from her loved ones by her groom. No one would know that before saying 'they're tears of joy,' the new Queen's thoughts had been: If I am to make this marriage successful, then I must lie. I must lie because my subjects will not understand the truth. I must lie to protect myself, Megan and Cedric, and I suppose now is as good a time as any to start.

--- THE END ---