31: Mathias

Persephonie was in Bruvia for a couple weeks, and has just returned. Mathias is the gardner that Megan was talking to.

I gazed longingly at Megan as Princess Persephonie led her away from me, and into the castle. I sighed and returned to working on the pomegranate tree. I met the beautiful creature around a month ago, when she had come here, seeking the princess. After I told her that she wasn't back yet, Megan had stayed and conversed with me.

Ever since that day, Megan came back and I looked forward to seeing her. We would talk for hours on end about life, and other things. However, upon seeing Princess Persephonie back in the courtyard today, my heart had sunk, knowing that I wouldn't be able to talk to Megan. I knew that the only reason Megan came to the courtyard was to talk to the Princess. But I kept hoping it was to spend time with me.

When I saw her wave to the Princess, I knew that if I wanted to talk to her today I would have to do it before she started talking to the princess. I didn't think she would stay and talk with me, and when she did, it felt like the happiest moment of my life.

But I didn't understand why the Princess is so sour about it. I had only talked to her friend for a couple minutes, and she had even excused herself to talk with the Princess. I gazed at the castle again, knowing the prettiest girl in the world was in there. A smile crept onto my face, and I returned to working on the pomegranate tree, then moved onto the shrubs which I had not trimmed in a while. When Megan and I were talking, I would continue working, and sometimes, she would also help me.

I really hoped the Princess would leave again so I could talk with Megan.

A/N: A rather short chapter, but just a little insight on Mathias. The next few chapters will also be kind of short. What do you think his role will be in this story? Vote and comment!!