14: Venus

If you remember back, remember that Venus is supposed to marry a certain King Charles. She is not too happy with it. This is her chapter. Let's see how she deals with the wedding-date that is closing in.

P.S: I am aware that corsets were not in high use during this time period, but like I said in the beginning of this book, this story doesn't follow the historical timeline. Enjoy!

Song: Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy

My wedding dress was finally finished, and ready for me to try on. A hand-maid pushed her foot against my back and pulled the laces of my corset tighter around me. I could feel faint coming, but I just had to see myself in this dress. If all else failed in my life, at least I would know I had been able to wear a beautiful wedding dress.

The hand-maid finally stopped suffocating me further and tightly tied a knot on my back, securing the corset in place. When I let go of the shelf I had been holding to stabilize myself, I almost immediately fainted. When I woke up again, I could breath, and my wedding dress was nowhere in sight.

I sat up and called for a maid, but King Charles burst through the doors instead, wearing tight breeches, and no shirt. The light from the fireplace illuminated his albino skin and hair, his sharp and defined face, and the only splash of color on his body- the very things I had fallen for- his exotic green eyes. However, I immediately, I pulled my quilts up to my neck as I was not wearing anything. "Charles!" I forced myself to coo. "You're not allowed here." I said flirtatiously, silently praying for him to leave.

Charles smirked. "I wanted to see my lady in waiting before the big day."

"There are five more days" I said, mentally begging for him to leave. Charles' eyes lustfully examined my quilt- covered body, then he held me in a passionate kiss which I broke.

"There are only four days left" Charles said, sitting on the edge of my bed. I internally screamed bloody murder, and kept begging God to make him leave. Charles leaned closer, and whispered with his lips brushing mine, "Then you'll be mine. All mine. You will do as I say, be what I say, and as long as you obey, I will never have to punish you."

I gulped and nodded. Charles twisted my curly hair in his hand and smashed my lips onto his, the kiss growing more and more lustful by the minute. I broke the kiss and stared at him innocently. "I'm tired, milord. I shall see you tomorrow morning."

He looked dissatisfied, but he left, after saying, "Remember Venus. I own you now."

I fell back on my bed as soon as I heard my door close, and let the tears spill over my cheeks. Is this the man I am to spend the rest of my life with? Is this the man who I will became a slave to? Maybe if I talked to Father he would cancel the wedding. I can't do this. I can not marry a man like Charles. I'd sooner kill myself.

A/N: This was kind of a short chapter. Sorry about that. But that was a little insight as to how Venus feels about her upcoming wedding. What do you think will happen? Will she talk to someone about it? I'm on break this week, so I'm hoping to post another chapter later today or tomorrow. Until then, Vote, comment, and Share!!